Miro P17F98 picture too wide for screen

August 1, 2004 5:03:02 PM

Hi,

Ive got a MIRO p17F98 monitor. Ive had it about a year, Im running WinXP Home, , Athlon 1800xp and a Radion 9500 Evil Commando X (whatever the hell that is )

My problem is that The picture it gives is stretched beyond the confines of the screen even when I narrow it down to its minimum. At the moment I have a 'tart' button in the bottom left, which would be great if it actually produced one, but its starting to get on my nerves a bit - I use my comp mostly for games, and when Ive got a health bar or whatever on the left of the screen its annoying not being anle to see whats going on. On the right of the screen, the time and date are 80% offscreen too. ALso, of course, when icons are auto-stuck on the desktop, theyre off the screen and invisible until I move them. Ive checked in my 'system' ...uh, menu (?), and my computer thinks Ive got a 'plug and play' monitor, so perhaps I dont have any drivers installed for it? Im not what youd call a computer genius, so Im not sure what to do. Ill take it back t the shop I suppose, as a last resort, but if anyone can suggest anything I could do, that would be great.

I should say that sometimes when I boot the thing up, everythings ok. The Start button is fully on the screen, and I can see what the time is without having to put the mousepointer off the screen, right click and look at the clock in the 'set time and date' menu.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eco.

PS vertically everythings fine. And degaussing doesnt work. Colours, gamma, darkness all fine too.
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 5:45:12 PM

Drivers are at the manufacturer's website at

http://www.mirodisplays.de/html_uk/
--
Cari
www.coribright.com