Kingston Dual Channel Memory Problem

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I purchase two Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512 memory sticks for my P5P800 MB
based on the Kingston and ASUS web sites. Each stick works just fine
individually or together in the first two slots. As soon as I install them
in slot 1 of bank A and slot 1 of bank B (Dual Channel Mode) the system
becomes unstable. WinXP will run for various lengths of time and then hang.
ZipZoomFly has a rather stiff restocking fee of 15% and the Kingston CSR
indicated the net increase in speed by going dual channel is very minor.
Does anybody out there know what is the actual difference? I would like to
believe the Kingston CSR and just keep what I got but...I'm losing the
faith.

What brand is the chip on the Kingston modules?
I had serious problem with KVR modules with Mosel chips on them. If you use
dual-channel, the have to be identical!

If you don't get furter contact Kingston on there website. Support is really
good!

HTH

Driekes
"Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
>I purchase two Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512 memory sticks for my P5P800 MB
>based on the Kingston and ASUS web sites. Each stick works just fine
>individually or together in the first two slots. As soon as I install them
>in slot 1 of bank A and slot 1 of bank B (Dual Channel Mode) the system
>becomes unstable. WinXP will run for various lengths of time and then
>hang. ZipZoomFly has a rather stiff restocking fee of 15% and the Kingston
>CSR indicated the net increase in speed by going dual channel is very
>minor. Does anybody out there know what is the actual difference? I would
>like to believe the Kingston CSR and just keep what I got but...I'm losing
>the faith.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

The chips say Samsung. I called Kingston again and they finally agreed send
me a matched set of sticks in return for the ones I purchased @ ZipZoomFly -
no charge!! They do have excellent support.