K8N-E Deluxe Keyboard P/S2 does not work, help?

The keyboard P/S2 plug stopped working on my K8N-E Deluxe motherboard. Can
anyone offer me advice on how to get it to work again? I am currently using
a USB keyboard, but it won't let me use the delete key to get to the bios.
The USB keyboard only works after Windows XP boots up. Any advice or
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Donald
2 answers Last reply
More about deluxe keyboard work help

    "donald" <mm1838373@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The keyboard P/S2 plug stopped working on my K8N-E Deluxe motherboard. Can
    > anyone offer me advice on how to get it to work again? I am currently
    > using a USB keyboard, but it won't let me use the delete key to get to the
    > bios. The USB keyboard only works after Windows XP boots up. Any advice or
    > suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Donald

    Have you tried more than one PS2 keyboard? If the plug on the board
    is bad you'll have to replace the board. It should still be under warranty.
    One thing you might try is when you turn on the system turn it back off
    imediatley after it starts posting before booting windows. It may go into
    the bios because it thinks you had a bad over clock. Then change the bios
    to support legacy USB if you haven't done so.

    Jim M

    Thanks for all the help. I cleared the cmos and it solved all my problems.

    Donald

    "donald" <mm1838373@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The keyboard P/S2 plug stopped working on my K8N-E Deluxe motherboard. Can
    > anyone offer me advice on how to get it to work again? I am currently
    > using a USB keyboard, but it won't let me use the delete key to get to the
    > bios. The USB keyboard only works after Windows XP boots up. Any advice or
    > suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Donald

Asus USB Keyboards Motherboards