K8N-E Deluxe Keyboard P/S2 does not work, help?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 3, 2005 4:34:21 PM

The keyboard P/S2 plug stopped working on my K8N-E Deluxe motherboard. Can
anyone offer me advice on how to get it to work again? I am currently using
a USB keyboard, but it won't let me use the delete key to get to the bios.
The USB keyboard only works after Windows XP boots up. Any advice or
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Donald
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2005 4:34:22 PM

"donald" <mm1838373@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The keyboard P/S2 plug stopped working on my K8N-E Deluxe motherboard. Can
> anyone offer me advice on how to get it to work again? I am currently
> using a USB keyboard, but it won't let me use the delete key to get to the
> bios. The USB keyboard only works after Windows XP boots up. Any advice or
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Donald

Have you tried more than one PS2 keyboard? If the plug on the board
is bad you'll have to replace the board. It should still be under warranty.
One thing you might try is when you turn on the system turn it back off
imediatley after it starts posting before booting windows. It may go into
the bios because it thinks you had a bad over clock. Then change the bios
to support legacy USB if you haven't done so.

Jim M
February 3, 2005 7:37:24 PM

Thanks for all the help. I cleared the cmos and it solved all my problems.

Donald

!