When will there be a downloadable Halo 2 demo?

Last response: in Video Games
August 29, 2004 12:39:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

When will there be a downloadable Halo 2 demo?

Thanks,

Jeff

More about : downloadable halo demo

August 29, 2004 1:01:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Probably after they announce it will be on PC.

Jeff Ingram wrote:
> When will there be a downloadable Halo 2 demo?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Jonathan

Remove NOSPAM to reply via e-mail
www.ilovebees.com
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 2:22:38 PM

Jonathan <j-hanson@NOSPAMse.rr.com> wrote in message news:<2pco6oFjfa13U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Probably after they announce it will be on PC.
>
> Jeff Ingram wrote:
> > When will there be a downloadable Halo 2 demo?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> --

Good question, though. Will they have Halo 2 for PC? Of course they
will, Bungie will do the same thing they did with Halo form the Xbox.
It's like playing monopoly. And in a few years, maybe even just one,
I'm sure there will be a "Halo Anthology" for another console, if not
a Halo 3. In fact, wouldn't it be the biggest marketing scam ever if
Bungie went back on it's liscence to Microsoft and released Halo for
PS2? Wouldn't that be fun.

Donuts would be fun too, because donuts taste good.

--
<~Evi~>
Jazon Molt

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

On 30 Aug 2004 10:22:38 -0700, valistar@gmail.com (Jazon D Molt)
wrote:

>Jonathan <j-hanson@NOSPAMse.rr.com> wrote in message news:<2pco6oFjfa13U1@uni-berlin.de>...
>> Probably after they announce it will be on PC.
>>
>> Jeff Ingram wrote:
>> > When will there be a downloadable Halo 2 demo?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Jeff
>> >

>> --
>
>Good question, though. Will they have Halo 2 for PC? Of course they
>will, Bungie will do the same thing they did with Halo form the Xbox.
>It's like playing monopoly. And in a few years, maybe even just one,
>I'm sure there will be a "Halo Anthology" for another console, if not
>a Halo 3. In fact, wouldn't it be the biggest marketing scam ever if
>Bungie went back on it's liscence to Microsoft and released Halo for
>PS2? Wouldn't that be fun.
>
>Donuts would be fun too, because donuts taste good.

i wouldn't expect to see 'Halo 2' on the PC until either Xmas 2005 or
2006 if ever.. As for 'Halo' on the PS2 - now that would be fun but if
Bungie ever did anything like it they'd probably wait until PS3. Not
that Microsoft is ever going to let that happen...

ubertoadie
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 11:11:06 PM

"Jazon D Molt" <valistar@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Good question, though. Will they have Halo 2 for PC? Of course they
> will, Bungie will do the same thing they did with Halo form the Xbox.

Except it's not entirely Bungie's choice anymore. I'm sure one of the
conditions about Microsoft getting the exclusive deal was that Bungie could
release on Windows and Mac OS at a later date.

> It's like playing monopoly. And in a few years, maybe even just one,
> I'm sure there will be a "Halo Anthology" for another console, if not
> a Halo 3. In fact, wouldn't it be the biggest marketing scam ever if
> Bungie went back on it's liscence to Microsoft and released Halo for
> PS2? Wouldn't that be fun.

One small problem, most of Bungie is owned by Microsoft, now all of their
games other then Myth and Oni are Microsoft property, so there's no chance
of that happening.

Besides the amount of work needed to port Halo to the PS2 would be
astronomical, it would basically have to be completely re-done from the
ground up.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

August 31, 2004 3:21:17 AM

<ubertoadie@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> obviously you haven't seen 'God Of War' "Killzone' 'Jak II or III' the
> PS2 is more than (IMO) capable of handling 'Halo' which isn't exactly
> the most taxing of grahic engines.. most of the levels are quite bland
> compared to other FPS.

Compared to modern PC FPS' yes.

LOL no PS2 game comes close to Halo. Hell the PS2 can't even filter an
image so it doesn't look like wank on a TV screen, with it's totally stupid
flickering and aliasing all over the place, that's without even taking into
account it's rendering and audio abilities.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
http://www.halflifeportal.com/ All things Half-Life.
http://www.doom3portal.com/ A Doom 3 fansite.

September 1, 2004 1:39:53 AM

"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> <ubertoadie@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> obviously you haven't seen 'God Of War' "Killzone' 'Jak II or III' the
>> PS2 is more than (IMO) capable of handling 'Halo' which isn't exactly
>> the most taxing of grahic engines.. most of the levels are quite bland
>> compared to other FPS.
>
> Compared to modern PC FPS' yes.

And Halo is an "old" game?
FPS games are going backwards in terms of complexity IMHO, look at System
Shock 2 and Deus Ex then compare them to todays offerings.
This is partly due to the fact titles are being developed for consoles as
well.

> LOL no PS2 game comes close to Halo. Hell the PS2 can't even filter an
> image so it doesn't look like wank on a TV screen, with it's totally
> stupid flickering and aliasing all over the place, that's without even
> taking into account it's rendering and audio abilities.
>
> --

I've seem some pretty good looking games on PS2 (for a console), there is no
point in pushing a high res through your average TV, and the further away
you sit from the screen a high res is wasted also. You can't compare the two
directly.

I prefer PC, don't own a console either.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 1:39:54 AM

"Blahguy" <z@z.z> wrote in message

> And Halo is an "old" game?

Just 2 and a half months shy off 3!

> FPS games are going backwards in terms of complexity IMHO, look at System
> Shock 2 and Deus Ex then compare them to today's offerings.
> This is partly due to the fact titles are being developed for consoles as
> well.

Compared to what? DOOM 3, Half-Life 2, Farcry?

> I've seem some pretty good looking games on PS2 (for a console), there is
> no point in pushing a high res through your average TV, and the further
> away you sit from the screen a high res is wasted also. You can't compare
> the two directly.

Not just resolution - the Xbox is noticeably higher in that respect, then of
course there's progressive support and HDTV all on top of that, but actual
filtering applied to the image is virtually non-existent on the PS2, while
the Xbox generally uses tri-linear filtering to stop everything from looking
weird.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
http://www.halflifeportal.com/ All things Half-Life.
http://www.doom3portal.com/ A Doom 3 fansite.

September 1, 2004 8:46:58 PM

> "Blahguy" <z@z.z> wrote in message
>
>> And Halo is an "old" game?
>
> Just 2 and a half months shy off 3!
>
>> FPS games are going backwards in terms of complexity IMHO, look at System
>> Shock 2 and Deus Ex then compare them to today's offerings.
>> This is partly due to the fact titles are being developed for consoles as
>> well.
>
> Compared to what? DOOM 3, Half-Life 2, Farcry?

err, yeah how complicated are they in terms of gameplay to the ones I cited.
(though HL2 isn't out yet, soI can't comment)

>> I've seem some pretty good looking games on PS2 (for a console), there is
>> no point in pushing a high res through your average TV, and the further
>> away you sit from the screen a high res is wasted also. You can't compare
>> the two directly.
>
> Not just resolution - the Xbox is noticeably higher in that respect, then
> of course there's progressive support and HDTV all on top of that, but
> actual filtering applied to the image is virtually non-existent on the
> PS2, while the Xbox generally uses tri-linear filtering to stop everything
> from looking weird.

In my experience, some games benefit from tri-linear and some don't -
meaning I can't see much difference if any on most games.
I don't think there are any broadcast standards for HDTV yet, and they are
quite expensive so Xbox 3 will be out before HDTVs are in common usage. Just
because a bit of HW can support high resolution doesn't mean the game will
play well at that resolution, any PC gamer can tell you that.

Cheers
!