connect to a bank website

June 23, 2004 4:27:23 AM

I'm have the Axim X3i. I tried to view my bank account, but I get a can't
support current browser. I update the rom from Dell and microsoft website
doesn't have anything. Need help, Thanks

More about : connect bank website

Anonymous
June 23, 2004 12:30:38 PM

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:27:23 -0400, <aeljadue@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I'm have the Axim X3i. I tried to view my bank account, but I get a can't
>support current browser. I update the rom from Dell and microsoft website
>doesn't have anything. Need help, Thanks

Using a registry editor (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/)
you can trick the bank website to believe you're reporting in with
IE5.5 (http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=1).
Sometimes this works, sometimes not, e.g. when the website requires
actual functionality (and doesn't only do a crude browser version
check). In the latter case, and if that has something to do with Java,
you might want to check on Netfront Access 3.1
(http://nfppc.access.co.jp/english/) an alternative webbrowser. The
trial version doesn't support Java though, so it'll be a gamble buying
this to test things out.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices