Visual c runtime error

everytime I turn on my computer it says runtime error
visual c++ and now my computer is freezing and I have
been forced to pull the plug on it to get it to turn off.
How can this be fixed ?

Boot off your Windows XP CD, choose Install, then it will find the
existing Windows Installation, then it will offer to repair it, press R
to repair, and you are good to go ;)

----
Nathan McNulty