dvd-r recorder

August 1, 2004 11:10:17 PM

I have a Pioneer exterior usb/firewire 107-D 8x dual
layer dvd burner and have burned a few dvd's . Booted-up
my computer to copy again and it works all the way to the
writing(burning) and message says burn process failed!
I've tried new media and more new media updated Nero
(6.1) I even re-installed a clean windows XP Pro and
tried again and got the same error message. I've checked
all my connections and firmware all drivers and programs
are up to par The firmware upgrade was my only question
and evern upgraded that! It comes down to this writing
error and I see no problems. Does anybody know what to do
from here? I need some help on this one! Thank you for
all reply's in advanceMtpro1

More about : dvd recorder

August 1, 2004 11:10:18 PM

Try newsgroup:

alt.video.dvdr
August 2, 2004 4:43:01 AM

You must have a very special unit:

Factory Specs are:

Write Support
DVD DVD-R 4.7GB, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Read Support
DVD DVD-ROM, DVD-VIDEO (Single & Dual layer), DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW & DVD-RAM

It is not a Dual Layer Unit for writing; only to read - as are most DVDs made to date. Dual Layer write units are now available and have higher recording capactiy as a consequence. 4.7Gb is standard for DVD burners.

Now as for ewrrors, you may be attempting to record too much data or using bad media.

Try using the -R discs if you now use +R discs.

!