dvd-r recorder

I have a Pioneer exterior usb/firewire 107-D 8x dual
layer dvd burner and have burned a few dvd's . Booted-up
my computer to copy again and it works all the way to the
writing(burning) and message says burn process failed!
I've tried new media and more new media updated Nero
(6.1) I even re-installed a clean windows XP Pro and
tried again and got the same error message. I've checked
all my connections and firmware all drivers and programs
are up to par The firmware upgrade was my only question
and evern upgraded that! It comes down to this writing
error and I see no problems. Does anybody know what to do
from here? I need some help on this one! Thank you for
all reply's in advanceMtpro1
2 answers Last reply
More about recorder

    Try newsgroup:

    alt.video.dvdr

    You must have a very special unit:

    Factory Specs are:

    Write Support
    DVD DVD-R 4.7GB, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
    Read Support
    DVD DVD-ROM, DVD-VIDEO (Single & Dual layer), DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW & DVD-RAM

    It is not a Dual Layer Unit for writing; only to read - as are most DVDs made to date. Dual Layer write units are now available and have higher recording capactiy as a consequence. 4.7Gb is standard for DVD burners.

    Now as for ewrrors, you may be attempting to record too much data or using bad media.

    Try using the -R discs if you now use +R discs.

    "mtpro1" wrote:

    > I have a Pioneer exterior usb/firewire 107-D 8x dual
    > layer dvd burner and have burned a few dvd's . Booted-up
    > my computer to copy again and it works all the way to the
    > writing(burning) and message says burn process failed!
    > I've tried new media and more new media updated Nero
    > (6.1) I even re-installed a clean windows XP Pro and
    > tried again and got the same error message. I've checked
    > all my connections and firmware all drivers and programs
    > are up to par The firmware upgrade was my only question
    > and evern upgraded that! It comes down to this writing
    > error and I see no problems. Does anybody know what to do
    > from here? I need some help on this one! Thank you for
    > all reply's in advanceMtpro1

DVD Writers Windows XP