bill

NEC ND-2510a replaced a cdrw drive, (also a Liteon dvd
drive installed). jumper now set correctly, computer now
recognizes drives but when I play a dvd movie it only
plays audio (with power dvd). tried reinstalling power
dvd and have made sure it was a good dvd. black screen
appears and audio plays.....

any ideas?
Dell 8200 2.26p4 512 rambus
ati 9600 pro maxtor 40gig hd

Thanks.

Welcome to NEC Service & Support!
http://www.nec.com/global/support/index.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| NEC ND-2510a replaced a cdrw drive, (also a Liteon dvd
| drive installed). jumper now set correctly, computer now
| recognizes drives but when I play a dvd movie it only
| plays audio (with power dvd). tried reinstalling power
| dvd and have made sure it was a good dvd. black screen
| appears and audio plays.....
|
| any ideas?
| Dell 8200 2.26p4 512 rambus
| ati 9600 pro maxtor 40gig hd
|
| Thanks.

See my other post to your original post. Reinstall VGA Drivers as well
as remove all DVD Software and reinstall the latest version. Also try
Windows Media Player. The ND2510A is a new drive which may require an
update to the software.

----
Nathan McNulty