  • RAM
  • Sound Cards
  • Windows XP
August 2, 2004 1:53:02 AM

I've just installed a new 512 mb of ram in my computer. Upon booting up, I recieved an error that there was an error with the driver for my sound card and that it needed to be reinstalled. I followed the directions to reinstall the drivers for my Sound Blaster Audiology sound card. But, there was an error about I did not have permission to insrtall the driver. When I look at the properties for the card, it says that that registry information for the card is corrupted. I do not know what to do. Please help.

More about : ram caused sound work

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:51:01 AM

i have also noted that in the device manager, my multimedia controller has no driver and i cannot seem to locate one.

"New RAM caused sound not to work" wrote:

> I've just installed a new 512 mb of ram in my computer. Upon booting up, I recieved an error that there was an error with the driver for my sound card and that it needed to be reinstalled. I followed the directions to reinstall the drivers for my Sound Blaster Audiology sound card. But, there was an error about I did not have permission to insrtall the driver. When I look at the properties for the card, it says that that registry information for the card is corrupted. I do not know what to do. Please help.
August 3, 2004 4:19:16 AM

do you have the driver disk for it if so if you can boot
from win 98 boot disk with cdrom support then run the
install from dos then reboot