New RAM caused sound not to work

I've just installed a new 512 mb of ram in my computer. Upon booting up, I recieved an error that there was an error with the driver for my sound card and that it needed to be reinstalled. I followed the directions to reinstall the drivers for my Sound Blaster Audiology sound card. But, there was an error about I did not have permission to insrtall the driver. When I look at the properties for the card, it says that that registry information for the card is corrupted. I do not know what to do. Please help.
2 answers Last reply
More about caused sound work

    i have also noted that in the device manager, my multimedia controller has no driver and i cannot seem to locate one.

    "New RAM caused sound not to work" wrote:

    > I've just installed a new 512 mb of ram in my computer. Upon booting up, I recieved an error that there was an error with the driver for my sound card and that it needed to be reinstalled. I followed the directions to reinstall the drivers for my Sound Blaster Audiology sound card. But, there was an error about I did not have permission to insrtall the driver. When I look at the properties for the card, it says that that registry information for the card is corrupted. I do not know what to do. Please help.

    do you have the driver disk for it if so if you can boot
    from win 98 boot disk with cdrom support then run the
    install from dos then reboot

RAM Sound Cards Windows XP