Tried Halo/Demo for PC

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

After trying the demo it's easy to see why this game is a favorite and
what caused all the hype. When I tried it , I was reminded of another
FPS Shooter with incredible outside Graphics...FAR CRY. It seems that
Halo is a bit more forgiving in the amount of how hard it is to defeat
ememies, but I only tried demo. Frame rates seemed fine so far and look
forward to buying this on ebay.

somebody

<SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
> After trying the demo it's easy to see why this game is a favorite and
> what caused all the hype. When I tried it , I was reminded of another
> FPS Shooter with incredible outside Graphics...FAR CRY. It seems that
> Halo is a bit more forgiving in the amount of how hard it is to defeat
> ememies, but I only tried demo. Frame rates seemed fine so far and look
> forward to buying this on ebay.

To me it's all about mulitplayer, I don't even bother with the single
player.

I like it for the creativity of game types, vechicles, and teamwork.

-Russ.

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

<SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
> After trying the demo it's easy to see why this game is a favorite and
> what caused all the hype. When I tried it , I was reminded of another
> FPS Shooter with incredible outside Graphics...FAR CRY. It seems that
> Halo is a bit more forgiving in the amount of how hard it is to defeat
> ememies, but I only tried demo. Frame rates seemed fine so far and look
> forward to buying this on ebay.

I thought Normal was pretty easy, Legendary is pretty hard though.
Has a good story to push things along as well, which is the difference
between a boring game and an enjoyable one.
I think because it was a console conversion you don't need to be as precise
with your shooting. With the variations in speech of the marines, and the
way they act, it is good for a laugh.
Pity they don't get better as the difficulty settings go up.

"Somebody" <somebody@nospam.russdoucet.com> wrote in message

> <SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
>> After trying the demo it's easy to see why this game is a favorite and
>> what caused all the hype. When I tried it , I was reminded of another
>> FPS Shooter with incredible outside Graphics...FAR CRY. It seems that
>> Halo is a bit more forgiving in the amount of how hard it is to defeat
>> ememies, but I only tried demo. Frame rates seemed fine so far and look
>> forward to buying this on ebay.
>
> To me it's all about mulitplayer, I don't even bother with the single
> player.
>
> I like it for the creativity of game types, vechicles, and teamwork.
>
> -Russ.

Multiplayer maps seem pretty banal to me, apart from the vehicles I don't
see that much to recommend multiplayer (unless you like rocket/fuel pod gun
whoring). It's fun, but no more fun than a lot of other MP games.
Mouse controls need to be made more sensitive as well (IMHO)