R200 vs 560i

These two are in my price range for photograph printing. The canon is 4
colour and the epson is 6 colour so should be better. But things are
rarely that simple.
Anybody any experience of which these two will give the better quality
print?
--
Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson wrote:
> These two are in my price range for photograph printing. The canon
> is 4 colour and the epson is 6 colour so should be better. But
> things are rarely that simple.
> Anybody any experience of which these two will give the better quality
> print?

Yep, things are that simple. Canon, it doesn't clog and the tanks can be
resealed and saved for later. Though, if you can find an extra £30, I'd go
for the 865, six carts and far better quality. You can purchase JetTec
compatibles for the Canon here (www.kenbourne.co.uk) I've been using them
ever since I started using Canon and, they are very reasonable (less than
half the price of OEM) and fantastic results, especially when used with JT
paper.

You can purchase a double set for £32.61, or £2.72 a cartridge, which saves
you another 10%, so that's a 60% saving in total.

Have I sold you? ;o)

Almost, but how does the quality of the photos compare?

In message <c85pq4$jib$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, Cerridwen
<cerridwen@celticnet.com> writes

--
Chris Wilson

In article <Ini17pDp5zpAFwgW@wilsons.demon.co.uk>, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Almost, but how does the quality of the photos compare?

I have a HP laserJet 1200 for my bulk printing needs.

I have the Canon S600 (4 color) which goes far on ink, and I will
probably keep using it for normal colored text/webpages.

I also have the 6 colored RX500 (Scanner/copier/printer), which has
been using quite a bit of ink compared to how much I have printed.

When it comes to image quality, then I can see the dots on the
S600 (It is basicly the same printer as the 560 I think, just can't
print to the border). Especially in the skies (where the light cyan
is missing). The Epson is close to the professional printing, and it
is hard to see it is the inkjet. But it is more expensive per print.

So you have to decide between costs, both initial and operating,
and quality.

--
Povl H. Pedersen - NoSpam@my.terminal.dk (yes - it works)
Get 5% discount on VMWare use discount/referral code: MRC-POVPED260

On Sat, 15 May 2004 17:31:44 +0100, Chris Wilson <ckw@wilsons.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>These two are in my price range for photograph printing. The canon is 4
>colour and the epson is 6 colour so should be better. But things are
>rarely that simple.
>Anybody any experience of which these two will give the better quality
>print?

But the Canon Print head only last a few years..

I have a R210 the NZ/OZZ Version and its great, but I wish you could get ink
tanks as same as they supply with the printer, I just don't need the flashy
boxes, the Supplied Ink tanks come in 3's vacuum packed.

On Sat, 15 May 2004 20:09:55 +0100, "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com>
wrote:

>Chris Wilson wrote:
>> These two are in my price range for photograph printing. The canon
>> is 4 colour and the epson is 6 colour so should be better. But
>> things are rarely that simple.
>> Anybody any experience of which these two will give the better quality
>> print?
>
>Yep, things are that simple. Canon, it doesn't clog and the tanks can be
>resealed and saved for later. Though, if you can find an extra £30, I'd go
>for the 865, six carts and far better quality. You can purchase JetTec
>compatibles for the Canon here (www.kenbourne.co.uk) I've been using them
>ever since I started using Canon and, they are very reasonable (less than
>half the price of OEM) and fantastic results, especially when used with JT
>paper.
>
>You can purchase a double set for £32.61, or £2.72 a cartridge, which saves
>you another 10%, so that's a 60% saving in total.
>
>Have I sold you? ;o)

But the Canon print heads just don't last, they Rot, and Epson's do not clog
if you know how to use them, and its so easy to fix if one does..

Plus Epson's can use none water based Ink..

Epson's are for People with Brains..

Seems like you have been left out..-:)

Now on my 3rd Epson Printer, not because of clogs..

puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 20:09:55 +0100, "Cerridwen"
> <cerridwen@celticnet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Chris Wilson wrote:
>>> These two are in my price range for photograph printing. The canon
>>> is 4 colour and the epson is 6 colour so should be better. But
>>> things are rarely that simple.
>>> Anybody any experience of which these two will give the better
>>> quality print?
>>
>> Yep, things are that simple. Canon, it doesn't clog and the tanks
>> can be resealed and saved for later. Though, if you can find an
>> extra £30, I'd go for the 865, six carts and far better quality. You
>> can purchase JetTec compatibles for the Canon here
>> (www.kenbourne.co.uk) I've been using them ever since I started
>> using Canon and, they are very reasonable (less than half the price
>> of OEM) and fantastic results, especially when used with JT paper.
>>
>> You can purchase a double set for £32.61, or £2.72 a cartridge,
>> which saves you another 10%, so that's a 60% saving in total.
>>
>> Have I sold you? ;o)
>>

> But the Canon print heads just don't last, they Rot, and Epson's do
> not clog
> if you know how to use them, and its so easy to fix if one does..
>
> Plus Epson's can use none water based Ink..
>
> Epson's are for People with Brains..
>
> Seems like you have been left out..-:)
>
> Now on my 3rd Epson Printer, not because of clogs..

Epsons *DO* clog - I've only ever had one that didn't, the ESC900. I will
thank you for not being so rude. I *DO* have a brain, that's why I switched
to Canon after using Epsons for 15 years - who keeps a £80-£100
inkjet for more than a few years anyway? If it lasts four years, then
that's 7p a day, I don't think you can say fairer than that.

They may wear out, they don't 'rot'. But then inkjets were never meant to be
heavy-duty printers. If you're going to be printing high-volume, you buy a
laser.

On Sun, 16 May 2004 21:14:30 +0100, "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com>
wrote:

>puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 May 2004 20:09:55 +0100, "Cerridwen"
>> <cerridwen@celticnet.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yep, things are that simple. Canon, it doesn't clog and the tanks
>>> can be resealed and saved for later. Though, if you can find an
>>> extra £30, I'd go for the 865, six carts and far better quality. You
>>> can purchase JetTec compatibles for the Canon here
>>> (www.kenbourne.co.uk) I've been using them ever since I started
>>> using Canon and, they are very reasonable (less than half the price
>>> of OEM) and fantastic results, especially when used with JT paper.
>>>
>>> You can purchase a double set for £32.61, or £2.72 a cartridge,
>>> which saves you another 10%, so that's a 60% saving in total.
>>>
>>> Have I sold you? ;o)
>>>

>> But the Canon print heads just don't last, they Rot, and Epson's do
>> not clog
>> if you know how to use them, and its so easy to fix if one does..
>>
>> Plus Epson's can use none water based Ink..
>>
>> Epson's are for People with Brains..
>>
>> Seems like you have been left out..-:)
>>
>> Now on my 3rd Epson Printer, not because of clogs..
>
>Epsons *DO* clog - I've only ever had one that didn't, the ESC900. I will
>thank you for not being so rude. I *DO* have a brain, that's why I switched
>to Canon after using Epsons for 15 years - who keeps a £80-£100
> inkjet for more than a few years anyway? If it lasts four years, then
>that's 7p a day, I don't think you can say fairer than that.
>
>They may wear out, they don't 'rot'. But then inkjets were never meant to be
>heavy-duty printers. If you're going to be printing high-volume, you buy a
>laser.

The Problem with bubble Jets they use a small heater to boil the ink, but the
ink does cause the heater elements to corrode..

The Epson's can use any type of ink, even oil base stuff.

I seen posts here that have been confirmed with Canon e-mails, that there
print heads only last 18 months..

Epson can clog if the room is to Hot and the printer is not power up at least
once a week, that is what I meant for Brains, you need to know how to treat
them..

The Epson R210 here kills the Canon for price and being 6 colours, and
comparing models is some $183nz lower, and the Canon is only 4 colours..

Stylus Photo R210, Inkjet, 15ppm Black, 15ppm Colour, 5760x1440, USB
$292.71nz, inc tax

Canon equivalent model.

i865, Inkjet, 23ppm Black, 16ppm Colour, 4800x1200, A4, Parallel, USB
$476.73nz, inc tax

TRENDING THREADS