A8N-SLI Deluxe w/ Corsair CMX512-3200XLPT

pj

Well, apparently this memory doesn't work w/ this board either w/ one 512
chip or two.

It's not on the vendor qualification list (
http://www.asus.com/999/download/products/375/375_10.pdf ) for this board,
but what baffles me is that I can't find this memory listed on Corsairs site
either ( http://www.asus.com/999/download/products/375/375_10.pdf ).

I'm not seeing things... CMS512-3200XLPT is clearly printed on the platinum
chip. Beware of this phantom memory I suppose.

Anyway, anyone have suggestions on the best memory I can pick up for this
board? Do any DDRII chips work? I'd really prefer any XMS Corsair 512
chipes rated at 2.2.2.5

Thanks,
PJ

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:04:25 -0800, "PJ" <pjwal@speakeasy.net> wrote:

I am running 2 matched bars of Corsair CMX512-3200LL and seems to be
running fine. No lockups to date and have had my AN8-SLI board for
3 weeks now. I orginally had this memory in an Asus P4P800 board
and then a KV8 SE dlx and now this board and worked fine with all .

"PJ" <pjwal@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

> Anyway, anyone have suggestions on the best memory I can pick up for this
> board?

I am using Corsair (TWINX1024-3200XLPRO) myself on the board with no
problems at all.
These chips have the latencies of 2-2-2-5 that you are looking for.

PJ wrote:

> Well, apparently this memory doesn't work w/ this board either w/ one 512
> chip or two.
>
> It's not on the vendor qualification list (
> http://www.asus.com/999/download/products/375/375_10.pdf ) for this board,
> but what baffles me is that I can't find this memory listed on Corsairs site
> either ( http://www.asus.com/999/download/products/375/375_10.pdf ).
>
> I'm not seeing things... CMS512-3200XLPT is clearly printed on the platinum
> chip. Beware of this phantom memory I suppose.
>
> Anyway, anyone have suggestions on the best memory I can pick up for this
> board? Do any DDRII chips work? I'd really prefer any XMS Corsair 512
> chipes rated at 2.2.2.5
>
> Thanks,
> PJ

get some ocz and end all this compatability runaround

pj

> get some ocz and end all this compatability runaround

Why do you say that? Educate me...what makes ocz more better/more
compatible?

Thx...

I have ocz performance series 433ddr running fine in dual mode on my sli my
initial probs were the raid drivers and finding the sata drives once it was
formatted corectly all is running like a bat outa well you know the rest .
so far I love this setup
3500+amd 64 90nm ,sata raid with two 120 seagate cudas ,2 msi 6600gt video
cards in sli, and 1gig OCZ 433 performance ddr, windows xp pro .
Brian