A8V Deluxe: No DMA on Secondary IDE port

Hi,

I have following storage devices connected:

SATA 1: HD1
PATA Primary: HD2 (Master)
PATA Secondary: CDROM (Master), CDRW (Secondary)

The problem is, that if I enable DMA on the secondary IDE port, I cannot
read any CDROM! Either I even cannot acccess a CD (Windows 98) or I can
access only few files (Windows XP SP2). If I switch off DMA (using only
PIO mode), everything works (but slow and with high CPU load).

I've tried to switch the IDE cable (80pin, 40pin) but without success.
Mainboard drivers (4in1) are installed.

Any hint? Or is my motherboard defective?

br
Max

Qoth The Raven "Max Huber"<maxihuber@aon.ta> in
4204c073$0$12326$91cee783@newsreader02.highway.telekom.at
> Hi,
>
> I have following storage devices connected:
>
> SATA 1: HD1
> PATA Primary: HD2 (Master)
> PATA Secondary: CDROM (Master), CDRW (Secondary)
>
> The problem is, that if I enable DMA on the secondary IDE port, I
> cannot read any CDROM! Either I even cannot acccess a CD (Windows 98)
> or I can access only few files (Windows XP SP2). If I switch off DMA
> (using only PIO mode), everything works (but slow and with high CPU
> load).
> I've tried to switch the IDE cable (80pin, 40pin) but without success.
> Mainboard drivers (4in1) are installed.
>
> Any hint? Or is my motherboard defective?
>
> br
> Max

I'm having the same problem but with only one drive on the secondary, my
4xdvd-r, dvd reader are good but my 16xdvd-r locks up the post until I
remove it (it runs fine on other pc's)

--
I have an existential map. It has 'You are Here' written all over it.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

Hi, have you installed the hyperion drivers from here
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2
ChrisC

Qoth The Raven "Chris Catt"<cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> in
4225a32b$0$555$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net
> Hi, have you installed the hyperion drivers from here
> http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

nope, but I'll give them a go, thanks
--
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work. If you are really
good, you will get out of it.

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me