New Hard Disk

I have installed a new hard disk in my system and wish to tranfer everything
from my current C Drive so that I can remove the old drive and make my new
disk the boot drive with everything on it. What is the best way to do this
please.
Sid

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Sid Armfield" <sid.armfield@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have installed a new hard disk in my system and wish to tranfer
everything
> from my current C Drive so that I can remove the old drive and make my new
> disk the boot drive with everything on it. What is the best way to do this
> please.
> Sid

Most hard drives manufacturers supply software to do exactly what you need.
If you purchased the drive bare without the software visit the manufacturers
web site for a download and the necessary instructions.

Richard.

"BAR" wrote:

> Without the availability of a Manufacturer's utility, you will find that Ghost may be the answer to your problem.

Where do I find this Ghost on the web?

> You will need to partition your new drive so that the 1st partition is the same size as the old drive.
>
> With Ghost you can boot up from a Ghost Floppy disk and then clone the C Drive to the D Drive.

My problem is my C drive is 40GB and has Win 98 which I wish to remove and my D drive is 2.5GB which is the XP boot drive which is running out of space.