Copying and Moving Slowly

I have PC PIV 2.8MHZ, Bus 800, 40GB 7200 RPM, 256 DDR Ram, But the copying
is very slowly when I copy files or Movies from partition to Partition or
from Disk to Disk

Regards,
Ahmed Hassan

bar

If you move a DVD movie file which is >512Mb you are going to find that it will be very slow.

You system only has 256Mb DDRAM, about half of which is used by the system, leaving 128Mb for other tasks and the Data Files that are moved. A DVD movie is usually made up of several .VOB files of about 1Gb in size.

Thus all you time is spent with the system moving files into memory onto swap file, off swap file into memory and then onto HDD partition 2.

You will find great benefit moving up to 1Gb DDRAM.

"Microsoft" wrote:

> I have PC PIV 2.8MHZ, Bus 800, 40GB 7200 RPM, 256 DDR Ram, But the copying
> is very slowly when I copy files or Movies from partition to Partition or
> from Disk to Disk
>
> Regards,
> Ahmed Hassan

Can we please keep this topic to one post? Making multiple posts will
only clutter things up and make it more difficult to follow. As I
stated earlier, you may want to try updating your chipset drivers and
perhaps install the Intel Application Accelerator if your chipset
supports it. If you had RAID on your old computer, the disk speed is
going to appear slower if this new computer doesn't have RAID.

----
Nathan McNulty