Wireless Zero Configuration Memory Leak??

I have an Abit KT7A with an AMD Duron 750 CPU and I'm running XP Pro with
SP1. I've got a problem where every couple days, it seems like it happens
more frequently when I have heavy network usage, my computer hangs and
requires a reboot. I've watched my Performance Monitoring and processes and a
couple things I have questions on.

ipodservice.exe has a high number of page faults. Normally it gets up to
1,000,000 Page Faults before it reboots. Not sure if this causes it or not
but I've been focusing on the other possible problem...

wzcsldr.exe is always running even though I've stopped the service...is this
normal? Also, the NP pool on this service always goes up to between 4-6000K
before it hangs. Is this normal?? I have a DLink G520 wireless card and I
have the DLink configuration utility installed to handle the wireless
connection. Do I have some type of driver conflict??

My VIA drivers, bios, and wireless cards all have the latest drivers on
them. Some of my other peripherals may be a driver behind.

Thanks for any help,
Rick

P.S. If both of these services is normal behaviour what would be my next
troubleshooting steps for those that have had a lot of experience
troubleshooting these types of problems.

What is this wzcsldr?? it is NOT part of Wireless Zero Configuration.
http://www.anti-spy.info/process/wzcsldr.exe.html

--PA

"Rickschultz1" <Rickschultz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an Abit KT7A with an AMD Duron 750 CPU and I'm running XP Pro with
> SP1. I've got a problem where every couple days, it seems like it happens
> more frequently when I have heavy network usage, my computer hangs and
> requires a reboot. I've watched my Performance Monitoring and processes and a
> couple things I have questions on.
>
> ipodservice.exe has a high number of page faults. Normally it gets up to
> 1,000,000 Page Faults before it reboots. Not sure if this causes it or not
> but I've been focusing on the other possible problem...
>
> wzcsldr.exe is always running even though I've stopped the service...is this
> normal? Also, the NP pool on this service always goes up to between 4-6000K
> before it hangs. Is this normal?? I have a DLink G520 wireless card and I
> have the DLink configuration utility installed to handle the wireless
> connection. Do I have some type of driver conflict??
>
> My VIA drivers, bios, and wireless cards all have the latest drivers on
> them. Some of my other peripherals may be a driver behind.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Rick
>
> P.S. If both of these services is normal behaviour what would be my next
> troubleshooting steps for those that have had a lot of experience
> troubleshooting these types of problems.

D-Link wireless PCI adapter related. In some cases reported to cause
excessive CPU activity

I found this entry at http://startup.iamnotageek.com/srch-WZCSLDR.exe.html
as well as a few other sources. Seeing as how I have a dlink card I thought
this process was valid...I'm doing a scan for viruses and spyware again but I
thought this process was valid in terms of an operating system process.

"Pavel A." wrote:

> What is this wzcsldr?? it is NOT part of Wireless Zero Configuration.
> http://www.anti-spy.info/process/wzcsldr.exe.html
>
> --PA
>
> "Rickschultz1" <Rickschultz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have an Abit KT7A with an AMD Duron 750 CPU and I'm running XP Pro with
> > SP1. I've got a problem where every couple days, it seems like it happens
> > more frequently when I have heavy network usage, my computer hangs and
> > requires a reboot. I've watched my Performance Monitoring and processes and a
> > couple things I have questions on.
> >
> > ipodservice.exe has a high number of page faults. Normally it gets up to
> > 1,000,000 Page Faults before it reboots. Not sure if this causes it or not
> > but I've been focusing on the other possible problem...
> >
> > wzcsldr.exe is always running even though I've stopped the service...is this
> > normal? Also, the NP pool on this service always goes up to between 4-6000K
> > before it hangs. Is this normal?? I have a DLink G520 wireless card and I
> > have the DLink configuration utility installed to handle the wireless
> > connection. Do I have some type of driver conflict??
> >
> > My VIA drivers, bios, and wireless cards all have the latest drivers on
> > them. Some of my other peripherals may be a driver behind.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> > Rick
> >
> > P.S. If both of these services is normal behaviour what would be my next
> > troubleshooting steps for those that have had a lot of experience
> > troubleshooting these types of problems.

Have you considered using windows to configure your adapter?

You say you are using SP1 -Windows XPSP2 has an improved wireless
experience, plus using XPSP2 is the only way to keep current on security
updates.

Vendor utilities might be necessary to get special functionality that only
their own application can provide, but if that's not the case, you don't
need the DLINK app.

--
Standard Disclaimers -
and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly