nForce v6.37 ?

Ed

Was checking for latest bios on chaintech site for my NF3-250 and they
have Nvidia Nforce v6.37 drivers, Nvidia web site only shows v5.10, IOW
are these beta drivers?

Ed
--
nForce Win2K/XP driver package contains the below components:

v6.37
-----
Audio driver version 4.57 (WHQL)
Audio utility version 4.50
Ethernet NRM driver version 4.66 (WHQL)
Network management tools version 4.66
SMBus driver version 4.45 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
Installer version 4.60
Win2K IDE 2.7 driver version 4.79 (WHQL)
WinXP IDE 2.7 driver version 4.79 (WHQL)

v5.10
-----
Audio driver version 4.42 (WHQL)
Audio utility version 4.44
Win2K ethernet driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
WinXP ethernet driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
Ethernet NRM driver version 4.42 (WHQL)
Network management tools version 4.42
GART driver version 4.36 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
Memory controller driver version 3.38 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller
files
SMBus driver version 4.04 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
Installer version 4.46
Win2K IDE 2.6 driver version 4.46 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
WinXP IDE 2.6 driver version 4.46 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files

Yes Beta, 6.39 Beta is out too

"Ed" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Was checking for latest bios on chaintech site for my NF3-250 and they
> have Nvidia Nforce v6.37 drivers, Nvidia web site only shows v5.10, IOW
> are these beta drivers?
>
> Ed
> --
> nForce Win2K/XP driver package contains the below components:
>
> v6.37
> -----
> Audio driver version 4.57 (WHQL)
> Audio utility version 4.50
> Ethernet NRM driver version 4.66 (WHQL)
> Network management tools version 4.66
> SMBus driver version 4.45 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
> Installer version 4.60
> Win2K IDE 2.7 driver version 4.79 (WHQL)
> WinXP IDE 2.7 driver version 4.79 (WHQL)
>
> v5.10
> -----
> Audio driver version 4.42 (WHQL)
> Audio utility version 4.44
> Win2K ethernet driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
> WinXP ethernet driver version 4.16 (WHQL)
> Ethernet NRM driver version 4.42 (WHQL)
> Network management tools version 4.42
> GART driver version 4.36 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
> Memory controller driver version 3.38 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller
> files
> SMBus driver version 4.04 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
> Installer version 4.46
> Win2K IDE 2.6 driver version 4.46 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files
> WinXP IDE 2.6 driver version 4.46 (WHQL) with updated uninstaller files

Ed

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:24:30 -0000, "40 PC SOCKET SET"
<nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Yes Beta, 6.39 Beta is out too

thanks

Ed wrote:

>>Yes Beta, 6.39 Beta is out too

Works just fine for me. Finally got the nVidia firewall working, but had
to uninstall NIS2005 to get the nVidia ActiveArmor to work properly,
which is funny, as NIS came bundled with the mobo...

RJT wrote:
> Ed wrote:
>
>>> Yes Beta, 6.39 Beta is out too
>
> Works just fine for me. Finally got the nVidia firewall working, but
> had to uninstall NIS2005 to get the nVidia ActiveArmor to work
> properly, which is funny, as NIS came bundled with the mobo...

Not really, NIS 2005 seems to be a resource hog. It seems really slow as
compared to pc-cillin with nothing better to offer other than a slow system.
Almost anything is better than Symantec these days.

"sbb78247" <sbb78247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> RJT wrote:

> > Works just fine for me. Finally got the nVidia firewall working, but
> > had to uninstall NIS2005 to get the nVidia ActiveArmor to work
> > properly, which is funny, as NIS came bundled with the mobo...
>
> Not really, NIS 2005 seems to be a resource hog. It seems really slow as
> compared to pc-cillin with nothing better to offer other than a slow
system.
> Almost anything is better than Symantec these days.

Agreed, except to say that Ghost 9 and AntiSpam are possibly the exceptions.
They do seem to work as they should on most systems without introducing
performance penalties. As for the usual suspects, Norton AntiViris,
SystemWorks, Internet Security... Resource hogging instability.

Jon