P4C800-E Deluxe: CPU overclocking error message

Last response: in Motherboards
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2005 4:11:06 PM

I recently put together a system with a P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.2 GHz CPU, 1GB
RAM. During start-up I am getting a "system failed due to CPU overclocking"
error message. The system continues to start and seems to run normally. I
am not intentionally trying to overclock. I have checked the CPU settings
and everything seems to be at the defaults. Any suggestions on how I can
resolve the overclocking error message?
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 6, 2005 2:14:28 AM

"Bruce Forsyth" <bncf@cox.net> wrote:
>I recently put together a system with a P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.2 GHz CPU, 1GB
>RAM. During start-up I am getting a "system failed due to CPU
>overclocking"
>error message. The system continues to start and seems to run normally.
>am not intentionally trying to overclock. I have checked the CPU
>settings
>and everything seems to be at the defaults. Any suggestions on how I
>can
>resolve the overclocking error message?

What Bios version are you running ? Sounds like either you're running
a very old or the new beta-bios. Version 1019 should correct things.

Nickeldome

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 6, 2005 4:21:14 AM

I am currently using 1019.004. I have tried to go back to earlier versions
(1016 and 1018) without success.

"Nickeldome" <test@test.uk> wrote in message news:4205a7b4$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> "Bruce Forsyth" <bncf@cox.net> wrote:
>>I recently put together a system with a P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.2 GHz CPU, 1GB
>>RAM. During start-up I am getting a "system failed due to CPU
>>overclocking"
>>error message. The system continues to start and seems to run normally.
>>am not intentionally trying to overclock. I have checked the CPU
>>settings
>>and everything seems to be at the defaults. Any suggestions on how I
>>can
>>resolve the overclocking error message?
>>

> What Bios version are you running ? Sounds like either you're running
> a very old or the new beta-bios. Version 1019 should correct things.
>
> Nickeldome

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 6, 2005 5:55:14 PM

Bruce--I am running the older 1016 BIOS with the 3.2 CPU and am not
overclocking anything and everything works great without the error message
that you are receiving (I have the Promise controller disabled)---and since
nothing appears broken (Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2Pro with 2-3-3-6 timings),
twin SATA Raptors--RAID 0, two optical drives and an IDE HDD, x800 Pro video
and 2ZS platinum audio), have not seen the need to go to a newer BIOS (I am
a little paranoid about updating BIOS's since I never know if the newer one
fixed something I did not need fixed and at the same time screwed up
something else that had previously been working).

MikeSp
"Bruce Forsyth" <bncf@cox.net> wrote in message
>I recently put together a system with a P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.2 GHz CPU, 1GB
>RAM. During start-up I am getting a "system failed due to CPU
>overclocking" error message. The system continues to start and seems to
>run normally. I am not intentionally trying to overclock. I have checked
>the CPU settings and everything seems to be at the defaults. Any
>suggestions on how I can resolve the overclocking error message?

February 6, 2005 7:05:42 PM

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 13:11:06 -0600, "Bruce Forsyth" <bncf@cox.net>
wrote:

>I recently put together a system with a P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.2 GHz CPU, 1GB
>RAM. During start-up I am getting a "system failed due to CPU overclocking"
>error message. The system continues to start and seems to run normally. I
>am not intentionally trying to overclock. I have checked the CPU settings
>and everything seems to be at the defaults. Any suggestions on how I can
>resolve the overclocking error message?

Oddly, it has been reported in several forums that this alert will
sometimes be given with memory that has compatibility issues, or even
with memory that produces slight errors. Can you try booting the
system with one RAM module at a time? You might wish to run memtest
or one ot the other testing utilities to assure that the memory is
fine.

What brand of memory is it?

Regards,

Ender
____
[____]
(OIIIIIIO)
[] []
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2005 12:48:05 AM

You definately should be carefull with the beta stuff (.004 etc.) It's fun for
tweakers, but usually not very usefull for a stable system. Have you tried to
reset the c-mos by taking out the battery and put the jumper on pin 2 & 3 ?
Try this and then load a 'final' bios like 1016 or 1018.
It sounds like you have some settings stuck on wrong values. I had this
happening a few times when experimenting with settings.

Nickeldome

"Bruce Forsyth" <bncf@cox.net> wrote:

>I am currently using 1019.004. I have tried to go back to earlier versions
>(1016 and 1018) without success.
>

>"Nickeldome" <test@test.uk> wrote in message news:4205a7b4$1_1@127.0.0.1...
>> "Bruce Forsyth" <bncf@cox.net> wrote:
>>>I recently put together a system with a P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.2 GHz CPU, 1GB
>>>RAM. During start-up I am getting a "system failed due to CPU
>>>overclocking"
>>>error message. The system continues to start and seems to run normally.
>>>am not intentionally trying to overclock. I have checked the CPU
>>>settings
>>>and everything seems to be at the defaults. Any suggestions on how I
>>>can
>>>resolve the overclocking error message?
>>>

>> What Bios version are you running ? Sounds like either you're running
>> a very old or the new beta-bios. Version 1019 should correct things.

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2005 10:08:44 PM

Hi,

I used to get some funny BIOS errors when I had a few case fans connected to
the ASUS P4C800-E, but after I connected the fans to a fan-controller the
errors went away. My ASUS mobo was bought second hand so I figured it may
be a bit flakey, but it has been running overclocked for 5 months now
without issue!

Wayne ][
!