NCCH-DL - internal USB conncetion possible?

I'm thinking that since there is no internal USB connector on the NCCH-DL
( like on the P4PE etc ) that the answer is 'NO' but I thought I would ask
anyway.

I bought a Mitsumi floppy drive that is also a multi format memory card
reader but it needs a USB connect. I'm thinking I'll just sell it and get an
external card reader since I don't want to find an adapter cable and run it
outside to the external connectors.

Is there a Firewire to USB adapter that would work with the internal
Firewire connection to provide USB connectivity? Like a motherboard firewire
jumper to USB hub sort of thing?

Thanks for any advice.

John L Rice
Drummer@ImJohn.com

Paul

Splendid

In article <110amvse1gisb58@corp.supernews.com>, "John L Rice"
<Drummer@ImJohn.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking that since there is no internal USB connector on the NCCH-DL
> ( like on the P4PE etc ) that the answer is 'NO' but I thought I would ask
> anyway.
>
> I bought a Mitsumi floppy drive that is also a multi format memory card
> reader but it needs a USB connect. I'm thinking I'll just sell it and get an
> external card reader since I don't want to find an adapter cable and run it
> outside to the external connectors.
>
> Is there a Firewire to USB adapter that would work with the internal
> Firewire connection to provide USB connectivity? Like a motherboard firewire
> jumper to USB hub sort of thing?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> John L Rice
> Drummer@ImJohn.com

Hance Rapids 6300ESB has four USB interfaces. They are all connected
to the back of your computer.

http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/datashts/30064103.pdf (10MB)

A cheap USB card might be a solution. This one, for example,
has an "internal" connector that might mate with your Mitsumi.

http://www.startech.com/ststore/ItemDetail.cfm?ProductID=PCI4USBV2&tab=b&mt=a

Try shopping for a USB card with an odd number of ports, as
then there is a chance one of the ports will be an internal.

HTH,
Paul