HD PARTITIONS !!

1.Is there any other tool available to create HD
partitions except fdisk?? Where can I get them for free(if
any free downloads available)???
2.Can fdisk partitions be used to run win-XP???
3.how to format disk drives after partitioning the HD
without using the OS setup???
4.Please give some links for free download of backup
tool/program to be used on ME or XP...
5.how to use such a backup tool???

Please reply to all 5 questions... Regards, Rahul...
6
answers
Last reply
More about partitions

    Hello

    Partition Magic, search for it on google.com

    alvin

    RDG wrote:

    > 1.Is there any other tool available to create HD
    > partitions except fdisk?? Where can I get them for free(if
    > any free downloads available)???
    > 2.Can fdisk partitions be used to run win-XP???
    > 3.how to format disk drives after partitioning the HD
    > without using the OS setup???
    > 4.Please give some links for free download of backup
    > tool/program to be used on ME or XP...
    > 5.how to use such a backup tool???
    >
    > Please reply to all 5 questions... Regards, Rahul...

    Answers to all 5 questions can be found by Searching with your browser on
    the Web. One of the primary and unusual features of a computer is you can
    use it to find out about it, in lieu of reading the instructions.

    RDG wrote:
    > 1.Is there any other tool available to create HD
    > partitions except fdisk?? Where can I get them for free(if
    > any free downloads available)???
    > 2.Can fdisk partitions be used to run win-XP???
    > 3.how to format disk drives after partitioning the HD
    > without using the OS setup???
    > 4.Please give some links for free download of backup
    > tool/program to be used on ME or XP...
    > 5.how to use such a backup tool???
    >
    > Please reply to all 5 questions... Regards, Rahul...
    Rahul....with all due respect, it sounds like you're leaning WAY out
    over your skis. It is possible to have multiple OS on one HD and control
    them with programs like Bootmagic or BootIt (that's the one I use and
    you can try it for free), but having a dual or multiple boot is
    something for advanced users. If you really feel the need to do this
    find out ALL you can before proceeding. You need to have your HD cleaned
    and formatted before you use any boot utility. I've had as many as 4
    different OSes installed on one PC and controlled them using BootIt.
    It's only $40 and worth every cent.

    --
    Servo
    "Kids love Robocop!"

    So whats wrong with using o/s to partion?

    "RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > 1.Is there any other tool available to create HD
    > partitions except fdisk?? Where can I get them for free(if
    > any free downloads available)???
    > 2.Can fdisk partitions be used to run win-XP???
    > 3.how to format disk drives after partitioning the HD
    > without using the OS setup???
    > 4.Please give some links for free download of backup
    > tool/program to be used on ME or XP...
    > 5.how to use such a backup tool???
    >
    > Please reply to all 5 questions... Regards, Rahul...

    DL - this is only an option when configuring the Op Sys for the first time. One require a utility such as Partition Magic to do this with a HDD that has an Op SYs installed.

    PM allows resizing, reformatting, copying one to another, creation of new partitions and combining partitions

    "DL" wrote:

    > So whats wrong with using o/s to partion?
    >
    > "RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > 1.Is there any other tool available to create HD
    > > partitions except fdisk?? Where can I get them for free(if
    > > any free downloads available)???
    > > 2.Can fdisk partitions be used to run win-XP???
    > > 3.how to format disk drives after partitioning the HD
    > > without using the OS setup???
    > > 4.Please give some links for free download of backup
    > > tool/program to be used on ME or XP...
    > > 5.how to use such a backup tool???
    > >
    > > Please reply to all 5 questions... Regards, Rahul...

    the origonal post did'nt indicate that he wished to alter anything that had
    the o/s installed, at least thats how I read it, which was the reason for my

    > DL - this is only an option when configuring the Op Sys for the first
    time. One require a utility such as Partition Magic to do this with a HDD
    that has an Op SYs installed.

    > PM allows resizing, reformatting, copying one to another, creation of new
    partitions and combining partitions

    > "DL" wrote:
    >
    > > So whats wrong with using o/s to partion?
    > >
    > > "RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > 1.Is there any other tool available to create HD
    > > > partitions except fdisk?? Where can I get them for free(if
    > > > any free downloads available)???
    > > > 2.Can fdisk partitions be used to run win-XP???
    > > > 3.how to format disk drives after partitioning the HD
    > > > without using the OS setup???
    > > > 4.Please give some links for free download of backup
    > > > tool/program to be used on ME or XP...
    > > > 5.how to use such a backup tool???
    > > >
    > > > Please reply to all 5 questions... Regards, Rahul...

HD Windows XP