sound cards and cassettes

I want to connect cassette player to soundcand so that I
can burn cassette to cds.
I have the cable, and the rear of player(Marantz) has 4
sockets--2 IN (red and white) and 2 OUT (red and white).
Which do I connect to sound card and how and what
programme do I click -on to get it to work. System is
WindowsMe. I know I'm on XP page but this is not easy for
me, Silver going on bald. Many Thanks for your help.
2 answers Last reply
More about sound cards cassettes

    Michael, check here for simple instructions
    http://iamnotageek.com/articles.php?aid=61&page=1&topic=tape_mp3_cd

    "Michael Trying" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I want to connect cassette player to soundcand so that I
    > can burn cassette to cds.
    > I have the cable, and the rear of player(Marantz) has 4
    > sockets--2 IN (red and white) and 2 OUT (red and white).
    > Which do I connect to sound card and how and what
    > programme do I click -on to get it to work. System is
    > WindowsMe. I know I'm on XP page but this is not easy for
    > me, Silver going on bald. Many Thanks for your help.

    Cassette to CD will require an analogue to digital conversion. This is handled by software, but you will also need an audio capture device [of superior standard to the average $20 sound card in 90% of PCs].

    The software should also have the capacity to process the dolby audio and even better reduce the hiss from the source.

    Try looking into:

    http://www.digitope.com/digitalizer/google.htm

    Using Media Digitalizer, you can:
    Use your cassettes and records with CD players
    Use your cassettes and records with your MP3 players
    Preserve your cassettes from tape degradation
    Easily record live sources (microphone, radio) onto CD or MP3
    Easily record live sources into MP3 to send through the internet

    "Michael Trying" wrote:

    > I want to connect cassette player to soundcand so that I
    > can burn cassette to cds.
    > I have the cable, and the rear of player(Marantz) has 4
    > sockets--2 IN (red and white) and 2 OUT (red and white).
    > Which do I connect to sound card and how and what
    > programme do I click -on to get it to work. System is
    > WindowsMe. I know I'm on XP page but this is not easy for
    > me, Silver going on bald. Many Thanks for your help.

Connection Sound Cards Windows XP