sound cards and cassettes

I want to connect cassette player to soundcand so that I
can burn cassette to cds.
I have the cable, and the rear of player(Marantz) has 4
sockets--2 IN (red and white) and 2 OUT (red and white).
Which do I connect to sound card and how and what
programme do I click -on to get it to work. System is
WindowsMe. I know I'm on XP page but this is not easy for
me, Silver going on bald. Many Thanks for your help.

Michael, check here for simple instructions
http://iamnotageek.com/articles.php?aid=61&page=1&topic=tape_mp3_cd

"Michael Trying" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to connect cassette player to soundcand so that I
> can burn cassette to cds.
> I have the cable, and the rear of player(Marantz) has 4
> sockets--2 IN (red and white) and 2 OUT (red and white).
> Which do I connect to sound card and how and what
> programme do I click -on to get it to work. System is
> WindowsMe. I know I'm on XP page but this is not easy for
> me, Silver going on bald. Many Thanks for your help.

bar

Cassette to CD will require an analogue to digital conversion. This is handled by software, but you will also need an audio capture device [of superior standard to the average $20 sound card in 90% of PCs].

The software should also have the capacity to process the dolby audio and even better reduce the hiss from the source.

Try looking into:

http://www.digitope.com/digitalizer/google.htm

Using Media Digitalizer, you can:
Use your cassettes and records with CD players
Use your cassettes and records with your MP3 players
Preserve your cassettes from tape degradation
Easily record live sources (microphone, radio) onto CD or MP3
Easily record live sources into MP3 to send through the internet