Brother laser - installing memory

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have a Brother HL-1440, trying to install additional memory. I
insert the SIMM at an angle, as the manual indicates (with the
rectangular memory modules facing me), but I'm unable to get it to
lock into place. Any ideas? Thanks!

I had similar trouble. Keep pushing back; eventually it will snap into
place.

napper <napper@NOSPAM.nc.rr.com> wrote:
>>I have a Brother HL-1440, trying to install additional memory. I
>>insert the SIMM at an angle, as the manual indicates (with the
>>rectangular memory modules facing me), but I'm unable to get it to
>>lock into place. Any ideas? Thanks!

>I had similar trouble. Keep pushing back; eventually it will snap into
>place.

Thanks, kinda hate to force it, but maybe that's what it needs...

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Before ya force it make sure pin one is at correct end or it will break
socket. I have two 1440s and upgraded both no trouble
Good rugged printer. When ya get a grey background to your prints its your
toner is about out. Refill or replace toner and clean drum and it will be
like new
Tom