camera wizard fails to open

Norman

the user friendly wizard used to open automatically when
i connected my camera to the computer, but has stopped
doing so. how can i reinstate this?

The system hangs if i try to access device via "my
computer".

kawipoo

I have found that some third party software can effect these wizards. I had
a similar problem and found that it was caused the a program with realplayer
running in the background.
"norman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the user friendly wizard used to open automatically when
> i connected my camera to the computer, but has stopped
> doing so. how can i reinstate this?
>
> The system hangs if i try to access device via "my
> computer".

Norman

Thanks for that, I uninstalled assorted rubbish and it
has helped. The wizard still fails to appear, but I can
now get in via "My computer" and download from the camera.
Many thanks again.