ASUS P4P800 SE LOST USB&floppy

Hi, I have an ASUS P4P800 SE MB. INTEL 2.8E CPU 2 ea pc3200 ddr 512K memory
chips. I was downloading to an ASUS 730 Mypal pda and a message says I have
lost onboard lan card. I also lost USB support, floppy drive quit working
and audio was like it was an intermittent connection.I flashed the bios and
got back the Lan, The audio is ok, but no usb or floppy. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

BigJim

check your bios to make sure they are enabled, then if they are check under
the device manager and if you see them listed do an uninstall and reboot and
hopefully
windows will redetect them.
"Mike Eppler" <epplergm@mtaonline.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an ASUS P4P800 SE MB. INTEL 2.8E CPU 2 ea pc3200 ddr 512K
> memory chips. I was downloading to an ASUS 730 Mypal pda and a message
> says I have lost onboard lan card. I also lost USB support, floppy drive
> quit working and audio was like it was an intermittent connection.I
> flashed the bios and got back the Lan, The audio is ok, but no usb or
> floppy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

Have floppy now (had a bad disk) but when I plug in a usb device computer
reports unknown device. I have uninstalled all usb device drivers & hubs and
rebooted. Computer installs same problem. I think I have a bad motherboard.
is it possible a virus could do this? Mike

"Mike Eppler" <epplergm@mtaonline.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an ASUS P4P800 SE MB. INTEL 2.8E CPU 2 ea pc3200 ddr 512K
> memory chips. I was downloading to an ASUS 730 Mypal pda and a message
> says I have lost onboard lan card. I also lost USB support, floppy drive
> quit working and audio was like it was an intermittent connection.I
> flashed the bios and got back the Lan, The audio is ok, but no usb or
> floppy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

BigJim

doesn't appear to be a virus, before you go getting a new board do a clean
install of your OS. It could just be corrupt. I had a problem with my
printer after updating to sp2. Did a clean install and it has been running
fine for 4 months now.
> Have floppy now (had a bad disk) but when I plug in a usb device computer
> reports unknown device. I have uninstalled all usb device drivers & hubs
> and rebooted. Computer installs same problem. I think I have a bad
> motherboard. is it possible a virus could do this? Mike
>
> "Mike Eppler" <epplergm@mtaonline.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, I have an ASUS P4P800 SE MB. INTEL 2.8E CPU 2 ea pc3200 ddr 512K
>> memory chips. I was downloading to an ASUS 730 Mypal pda and a message
>> says I have lost onboard lan card. I also lost USB support, floppy drive
>> quit working and audio was like it was an intermittent connection.I
>> flashed the bios and got back the Lan, The audio is ok, but no usb or
>> floppy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

Well, I have a new p4p800 I bought as a backup. I'm going to change the
motherboard and see if the missing usb is gone with the motherboard or if it
is still missing with the new board. I turned off the usb in th bios and
added a pci-usb board and my scanner and pda are now connected again, I'll
let you know what happens, my guess is a bad chip on the motherboard. Mike