CD ROM Drive

My CD ROM Drive does not appear in My Computer when I
first boot. Once I use the Hardware utility the drive
appears in My Computer. When I reboot the drive does not
appear again. I have tried removing the hardware and
reinstalling the driver and using the CD Driver fix
program (XP_CD-DVD-FIX) I found on Kelly's website.
Nothing works. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

----
Nathan McNulty