motherboard pci version

Hi, I would like to buy a new 4 port usb 2 internal card
for my PC which currently only has a 2 port usb 1 card. In
the tech. spec. of the card I wish to purchase, it
mentions that the pci slot must be to version 2.2. Can
anyone tell me how I can find out this information? Thank
you.

Hello

Well try looking at your mother's Brd manual which will
give you the entire's spec's of your brd or you can look
online for the info from the brds maker.

Al

amaranth wrote:

> Hi, I would like to buy a new 4 port usb 2 internal card
> for my PC which currently only has a 2 port usb 1 card. In
> the tech. spec. of the card I wish to purchase, it
> mentions that the pci slot must be to version 2.2. Can
> anyone tell me how I can find out this information? Thank
> you.

You could also go here
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=1 download
the free version and it will tell you who made the motherboard. It will
typically show a link to the manf website where you can look up the spec
sheet (it may be archived) or look at the mb manual to see if it's PCI v2.2
compliant. PCI 2.2 was released in Dec 1998 so I'd hazard a guess and say
if the mb was made in late 99 or earlier - you're safe.

Lot's of info available on Google for this.

Bob S.

"amaranth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I would like to buy a new 4 port usb 2 internal card
> for my PC which currently only has a 2 port usb 1 card. In
> the tech. spec. of the card I wish to purchase, it
> mentions that the pci slot must be to version 2.2. Can
> anyone tell me how I can find out this information? Thank
> you.

bar

Belarc Advisor:

http://www.belarc.com/

is a free dowqnload which will provide a coimprehensive audit of your hardware and software.

"amaranth" wrote:

> Hi, I would like to buy a new 4 port usb 2 internal card
> for my PC which currently only has a 2 port usb 1 card. In
> the tech. spec. of the card I wish to purchase, it
> mentions that the pci slot must be to version 2.2. Can
> anyone tell me how I can find out this information? Thank
> you.

change that "earlier" to after 99....

Bob S.