Cannot access USB disk via My Computer

August 3, 2004 7:37:56 AM

I am unable to access USB disk via My Computer as the
drive does not display. The device is working ok as per
the Device Manager and it also displays in the System
Tray.

Regards,
John
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 12:18:34 PM

Hello,
Try to assign a new drive letter to your USB device:

1. Go to control panel
2. Then click on the "administrative tools" icon
3. Open "computer management" ,
4. Click on "disk management"
5. Right click on the "USB device (removable disk)" and
then change the drive letter to another one (that has not
been assigned, ie: K, S, or L)

I hope this helps!
Aisha

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 4:08:02 AM

Aisha, Assigning a new drive letter from the default E
works a treat.

Thanks,
John

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 11:21:27 AM

John Quinn wrote:
> *I am unable to access USB disk via My Computer as the
> drive does not display. The device is working ok as per
> the Device Manager and it also displays in the System
> Tray.
>
> Regards,
> John *

I have the same problem.

I have been using 256MB WMG USB PEN/Disk for a year now.I have my extra
crucial data back up on this disk.Yesterday i plugged my disk it is
detected and installed ready for use.but i can not see the drive on my
computer.
I have tried using different computers with different OS but the
problem is the same.going to administrative tools > disk management
>computer managemnet >storage usb is not shown it shows it has 243MB
unallocated.
So there is no way i can access my important information

--
sukums