Cannot access USB disk via My Computer

I am unable to access USB disk via My Computer as the
drive does not display. The device is working ok as per
the Device Manager and it also displays in the System
Tray.

Regards,
John
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot access disk computer

    Hello,
    Try to assign a new drive letter to your USB device:

    1. Go to control panel
    2. Then click on the "administrative tools" icon
    3. Open "computer management" ,
    4. Click on "disk management"
    5. Right click on the "USB device (removable disk)" and
    then change the drive letter to another one (that has not
    been assigned, ie: K, S, or L)

    I hope this helps!
    Aisha

    Aisha, Assigning a new drive letter from the default E
    works a treat.

    Thanks,
    John

    John Quinn wrote:
    > *I am unable to access USB disk via My Computer as the
    > drive does not display. The device is working ok as per
    > the Device Manager and it also displays in the System
    > Tray.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John *

    I have the same problem.

    I have been using 256MB WMG USB PEN/Disk for a year now.I have my extra
    crucial data back up on this disk.Yesterday i plugged my disk it is
    detected and installed ready for use.but i can not see the drive on my
    computer.
    I have tried using different computers with different OS but the
    problem is the same.going to administrative tools > disk management
    >computer managemnet >storage usb is not shown it shows it has 243MB
    unallocated.
    So there is no way i can access my important information

    --
    sukums

Computers USB Windows XP