Boot.wim file damaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariunbold

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
hi guys, about 2 days ago i started download windows 8 developer 32bit 2.8gb. And it finished today. I tried install it but says 'windows cannot copy files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available then restart. Error. i test all wim archives using 7zip. Install.wim is ok, but boot.wim is damaged. And how can i fix it. I cant redownload it because my internet is so slow. I need to fix it or download it. But i cant find boot.wim for download. :fou: Guys can u upload it or giving me fixing software?

Solution
As to your generous suggestion we do not know how to repair a damaged file or archive, thank you. Just so you know, no repair is possible unless you have a valid source to extract the repair from. You do not have this requirement. Also I have had many experiences where trying to install from a daemon type mounted drive fails while using a burned version of the same iso. works. As I see it you have two choices here; first burn the iso. and try it, second if it fails to install download another version (hopefully you can find a connection with enough bandwidth to get a valid download). So hurry up and try our suggestions "times a wasting".
D

Deleted member 217926

Seriously don't self bump after a minute and 45 seconds.

Sounds like your download is corrupted. Try again. You don't have a friend with a faster internet connection you can use?

I tested a known good Win8 Dev Preview install disk with Win7Zip and it also reported the boot.wim as being damaged. But this disc worked fine for several Win8/32bit installs.

Where did you get your Win8 .ISO from?
Did you run a checksum test to see if the .ISO file downloaded correctly?
The SHA-1 checksum hash data is located right on the official MS download site

MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility
If the checksum of your download matches the checksum on the MS download site you know the .ISO file downloaded correctly.
And that might be pointing at a bad disc or a bad burn to the disc being at fault.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
You can not fix it. Good chance that the file is corrupt because of your slow download speed caused time outs and lost bits. Also daemon may not work for the OS (have not tried it). Have you tried burning the iso?

Dogsnake

Distinguished
As to your generous suggestion we do not know how to repair a damaged file or archive, thank you. Just so you know, no repair is possible unless you have a valid source to extract the repair from. You do not have this requirement. Also I have had many experiences where trying to install from a daemon type mounted drive fails while using a burned version of the same iso. works. As I see it you have two choices here; first burn the iso. and try it, second if it fails to install download another version (hopefully you can find a connection with enough bandwidth to get a valid download). So hurry up and try our suggestions "times a wasting".

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.