External Parallel Port CD drive

HELP !!!

I have a PC with a removable HDD and no other drive bay. I
have previously used an external parallel port CD ROM
drive running under windows 98 but having upgraded to XP I
cannot get Windows to recognise the thing. I have tried
installing various ASPI drivers and still get no joy. The
drive itself is fine as when removed from the caddy and
hooked up directly to the IDE channel its fine (thats how
I installed Win XP)

I can't leave the PC with the CD hanging out the side
though.

Any help is most appreciated

Paul

Parallel port external cases are tricky. You must install the drivers
for this as it is not plug and play like USB is. I would highly
recommend just buying a nice USB 2.0 external case, but if you really
want to get this one working, you are going to need to find the proper
drivers. Try contacting the maker of the external enclosure ;)

----
Nathan McNulty