Flash VGA BIOS

I have flashed VGA BIOS on winxp , but while I was flashing I have received
message "Can not upload flash, you have to upload automatically", after that
I make restart for PC but VGA not responding "Completely stopped"

How can turn on my VGA Again , "Gforce4, Nvidia Chip, 64MB DDR, 8X mmx440"

Since the video card no longer functions after a failed
BIOS upgrade flash, you'll now have to replace the
video card with a new one.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Microsoft" <ahmed_hfs@yahoo.com> wrote in message:

| I have flashed VGA BIOS on winxp , but while I was flashing I have received
| message "Can not upload flash, you have to upload automatically", after that
| I make restart for PC but VGA not responding "Completely stopped"
|
| How can turn on my VGA Again , "Gforce4, Nvidia Chip, 64MB DDR, 8X mmx440"

THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY , BUT NOT WAY TO RELOAD BIOS AGAIN ?????

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Since the video card no longer functions after a failed
> BIOS upgrade flash, you'll now have to replace the
> video card with a new one.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

-

> "Microsoft" <ahmed_hfs@yahoo.com> wrote in message:
>

> | I have flashed VGA BIOS on winxp , but while I was flashing I have
received
> | message "Can not upload flash, you have to upload automatically", after
that
> | I make restart for PC but VGA not responding "Completely stopped"
> |
> | How can turn on my VGA Again , "Gforce4, Nvidia Chip, 64MB DDR, 8X
mmx440"

Contact hardware manufacturer for help.

Microsoft wrote:

> THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY , BUT NOT WAY TO RELOAD BIOS AGAIN ?????
>

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Since the video card no longer functions after a failed
>>BIOS upgrade flash, you'll now have to replace the
>>video card with a new one.
>>
>>--
>>Carey Frisch
>>Microsoft MVP
>>Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>>Be Smart! Protect your PC!
>>http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

> -
>
>>"Microsoft" <ahmed_hfs@yahoo.com> wrote in message:
>>

>>| I have flashed VGA BIOS on winxp , but while I was flashing I have
>>
> received
>
>>| message "Can not upload flash, you have to upload automatically", after
>>
> that
>
>>| I make restart for PC but VGA not responding "Completely stopped"
>>|
>>| How can turn on my VGA Again , "Gforce4, Nvidia Chip, 64MB DDR, 8X
>>
> mmx440"

There are often ways to flash the VGA BIOS even if the first flash
failed. You are going to need three things. First, you need a Windows 98
Bootdisk. Download that from www.bootdisk.com. Second, you are going to
need the correct BIOS. Try this one:
http://whitebunny.demon.nl/download?file=vid_bios_nvidia_gf4mx440-8x_4.18.20.42.00.zip
Finally, you are going to need the flashing utility:
http://whitebunny.demon.nl/download?file=nvflash_4.46.zip

OK, here is what you do. Write that Windows 98 Bootdisk to a floppy.
Now copy nv18b.rom from the BIOS download to the floppy. Now copy
nvflash.exe and CWSDPMI.EXE from the flash utility download onto the
floppy. Now on the floppy, find the autoexec.bat file. Right click and
edit this file to say the following:

@echo OFF
CLS
A:\
NVFLASH -b backup.rom
NVFLASH -f nv18b.rom

Now click File, Save. Now reboot off that floppy and give it about a
half an hour in your computer. Then come back and remove the floppy and
press the restart button.

This whole process is not entirely necessary if you have a second video
card in the computer that you can see what is going on. If you do have
a second video card in the computer, you can do everything listed above
except don't edit the autoexec.bat file. Then just use the ocmmands I
have listed.

I hope everyone double checks this post to make sure I have it right
since I haven't used a floppy (or Windows 98 Bootdisk) in about 3 years.
Doing this should not cause any further harm to your ocmputer than you
have already done, so it is safe to do. I just am not sure if the
autoexec.bat file is needed to load the command prompt or what.

----
Nathan McNulty