EAP-GTC in Windows XP

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
January 18, 2005 5:31:55 PM

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone ever implemented EAP-GTC in windows XP in a
wireless environment (802.1x)? I wanted the authentication to be done
automatically once the user enters his windows credentials but it seems that
windows forces the user to re-enter his credentials after he logs on the pc
(using previous login information).

I understand that this is a limitation of EAP-GTC on windows (that the user
must re-enter his credentials) but I was wondering if anyone ever managed to
go around this limitation (even through some windows tweaking) and allow the
user to automatically authenticate himself.

Thanks
Kailash

More about : eap gtc windows

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 18, 2005 11:10:03 PM

The following link provides the configurattion steps with screen shots for what you want to do.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireles...

HTH,
Gary

--------------------
'--'From: "Kailash" <kjalabhay@axians.com>
'--'Subject: EAP-GTC in Windows XP
'--'Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:31:55 +0100
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
'--'
'--'Hi Everyone!
'--'
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 19, 2005 12:38:26 PM

Thanks Gary,

I did implement GTC and MsCHAPv2 already; but what I wanted to do it to
automate the authentication in GTC. With the latter, I still have to double
click on a little popup (near the taskbar) and then enter my logon
credentials.

Cheers
Kailash

de news: h7QiumZ$EHA.2768@cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl...