Changing Monitor Serial Port

Hello,
I have a monitor serial port on my laptop and i was
wondering if i could convert it to something i could use
with an adapter - like my palm pilot cradle?

thanks,
ilan

It's a video-out connector, you dolt, not a serial port.
How did you get enough money to buy a laptop?

No need for the crude sarcasm. We are all hear to learn.

Hear?

i am sorry i am not very fluent in english.
Ilan

So you think that the laws of physics are different,
depending on one's native language, or were you confirming
my original response and taking responsibility for
someone else's spelling error?

Check the header for both. The IP's match. Same person.

Anyway, for the OP, the VGA output has three rows whereas a DB9 (Serial)
that you are thinking of only has two rows. As for your pilot cradle,
you should have a serial port on the laptop. If not you can always
convert it, but sometimes this does not work well.

----
Nathan McNulty

Wislu Plethora wrote:
> [...]

WTF are you talking about? Many laptops today are supplied
without "legacy" ports. And the OP can always convert
what??

I know more recent laptops may not have a DB9 serial port and that is
why I said he could always convert from the DB9 on his cradle to
something else on his computer such as DB25 or USB. This sometimes does
not work though as I stated.

----
Nathan McNulty