Error checking and correction on L2 cache, good or bad?

Hi, I have a amd64 3000 processor and i saw in the bios
that ECC is enabled on the L2 cache, is this smart or
should it be disabled because of lowered performance?
thanks

The lowered performance is negligable and you will really like the added
security and stability of having it enabled. I would highly recommend
leaving it on especially in a work or production environment. One thing
you will want to make sure, when you install Service Pack 2, that
Hardware DEP is enabled.

----
Nathan McNulty