Buy a epson 950 or a canon i965?

Ale

I am between these 2 printers and don't know which is the best for my needs.
I need a photo printer for printing from a canon g3 DC with good fading
properties.
One of my problems is the printhead clogging that i had in the past with
epson printers.

Thank's for any feedback !!!

On Sun, 16 May 2004 11:17:32 GMT, "ale" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:

>I am between these 2 printers and don't know which is the best for my needs.
>I need a photo printer for printing from a canon g3 DC with good fading
>properties.
>One of my problems is the printhead clogging that i had in the past with
>epson printers.
>
>Thank's for any feedback !!!

It sounds like you answered your own question with the epson clogging.
From my time spent here, it seems epson's clogging still lingers a
bit.

The quality and economy of the canon's seem unbeatable right now.

Ale

What about the print quality and the printhead life?
Will the head need to be replaced after a while like the old canon models
( s800 s400 etc)?

On Sun, 16 May 2004 15:03:38 GMT, "ale" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:

>What about the print quality and the printhead life?
>Will the head need to be replaced after a while like the old canon models
>( s800 s400 etc)?

No printer is better in quality right now.

Printhead life.... I've heard of thousands of prints without signs of
wear. Ive never seen a post where someone needs to replace a printhead
because it was worn.

Ale

I think that i'll go for the canon.
But i will wait 2-3 days for any other opinions.
Thank's for your feedback beezer!!! :)
One more important question : The noise while printing?I noticed that in the
software is an option for quite printing.How quite is it?

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:46:07 GMT, "ale" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote:

>I think that i'll go for the canon.
>But i will wait 2-3 days for any other opinions.
>Thank's for your feedback beezer!!! :)
>One more important question : The noise while printing?I noticed that in the
>software is an option for quite printing.How quite is it?

Ive never used that option. Its very quiet out of the box. If you are
a step or two away from the unit, you dont even know if its running.