CD-ROM is not recognized through sound card

mantis

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2002

I'm having a problem routing my CD-ROM through my new
sound card. The sound card is the Soundblaster Audigy 2
ZS Platinum edition, and I installed the hardware just as
the instructions say, but when I power on my PC, my CD-
ROM is no longer recognized. I had previously blow out
my old sound card prior to building this current machine,
so I was running off the intergrated sound card the
motherboard had on it for the time being. But now I'm
running into this problem with the new installation.
Would it be that Windows XP is conflicting with the new
hardware since it was previously using the sound drivers
off the motherboard, or is it a different problem? I
tried both the digital and analog cable connections
through the sound card, and its not working. I even
reconnected the the CD-ROM to the way it was before with
the new sound card installed, but its still not being
recognized. Please help, thanks.

bar

1. Make sure you disable the onboard sound in BIOS
2. Are you connecting the IDE cable from the CD to the Sound Card
3. If so just connect the IDE cable to the MOBO and the audio out to the sound card