Computer Shuts off

My computer just switches off itself after a little
while. after approximately 20 mins to an hour of running.
i have tried downloading security patches and updates.
also done a complete virus check. still doesnt stop the
problem. can anyone help.

ali

Check the temperature inside your computer when it is running like this.
Since you are the one there, you will have to do some testing to see
what causes this the most. I am going to lean toward an overheating
power supply or something overheating.

----
Nathan McNulty

Ali Raza wrote:
> My computer just switches off itself after a little
> while. after approximately 20 mins to an hour of running.
> i have tried downloading security patches and updates.
> also done a complete virus check. still doesnt stop the
> problem. can anyone help.
>
> ali

peter

Hi,

Possible overheating.
Check all the fans including chassis fans,ATX power Supply Unit fan(s), CPU fan, Vedio card GPU fan, etc.

Make sure ventilation inside the chassis is good enough for heat dispensation.
--
Peter

"Ali Raza" wrote:

> My computer just switches off itself after a little
> while. after approximately 20 mins to an hour of running.
> i have tried downloading security patches and updates.
> also done a complete virus check. still doesnt stop the
> problem. can anyone help.
>
> ali

TRENDING THREADS