Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows XP install CD sees no hard drives on A7V880

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2005 3:55:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I'm trying to install windows xp on the first of my sata drives. These
drives (Hitachi 160GB) show up in the bios and are now happily booting
into linux (hardware raid not used).

The windows xp home edition with service pack 2 tells me that I have no
hard drives at all and says press F3 to quit setup.

My hard drive is not formatted yet for windows. Can this be the cause of
the message or is it something else?

Stephen
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2005 3:55:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

During installation, there is a screen that reads Press F6 to install third
party drivers. You must put the SATA drivers on a floppy disc and select
the drivers when the above prompt appears.

Bobby

"Stephen Boulet" <stephen_at@nospam.theboulets.net> wrote in message
news:Aa2dnRml670PyJHfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
> I'm trying to install windows xp on the first of my sata drives. These
> drives (Hitachi 160GB) show up in the bios and are now happily booting
> into linux (hardware raid not used).
>
> The windows xp home edition with service pack 2 tells me that I have no
> hard drives at all and says press F3 to quit setup.
>
> My hard drive is not formatted yet for windows. Can this be the cause of
> the message or is it something else?
>
> Stephen



----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2005 4:04:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> During installation, there is a screen that reads Press F6 to install third
> party drivers. You must put the SATA drivers on a floppy disc and select
> the drivers when the above prompt appears.

Thanks! Are these drivers from Asus (maybe on my motherboard CD) or from
Hitachi?

Stephen

> Bobby
>
> "Stephen Boulet" <stephen_at@nospam.theboulets.net> wrote in message
> news:Aa2dnRml670PyJHfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
>>I'm trying to install windows xp on the first of my sata drives. These
>>drives (Hitachi 160GB) show up in the bios and are now happily booting
>>into linux (hardware raid not used).
>>
>>The windows xp home edition with service pack 2 tells me that I have no
>>hard drives at all and says press F3 to quit setup.
>>
>>My hard drive is not formatted yet for windows. Can this be the cause of
>>the message or is it something else?
Related resources
February 11, 2005 3:35:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hi, they should be on the motherboard cd.

John

"Stephen Boulet" <stephen_at@nospam.theboulets.net> wrote in message
news:Aa2dnRil671UypHfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
> NoNoBadDog! wrote:
>> During installation, there is a screen that reads Press F6 to install
>> third party drivers. You must put the SATA drivers on a floppy disc and
>> select the drivers when the above prompt appears.
>
> Thanks! Are these drivers from Asus (maybe on my motherboard CD) or from
> Hitachi?
>
> Stephen
>
>> Bobby
>>
>> "Stephen Boulet" <stephen_at@nospam.theboulets.net> wrote in message
>> news:Aa2dnRml670PyJHfRVn-pQ@speakeasy.net...
>>>I'm trying to install windows xp on the first of my sata drives. These
>>>drives (Hitachi 160GB) show up in the bios and are now happily booting
>>>into linux (hardware raid not used).
>>>
>>>The windows xp home edition with service pack 2 tells me that I have no
>>>hard drives at all and says press F3 to quit setup.
>>>
>>>My hard drive is not formatted yet for windows. Can this be the cause of
>>>the message or is it something else?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 14, 2005 3:16:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

> Hi, they should be on the motherboard cd.

Which it is a catch-22 situation as you need them on floppy. And to get them
off the CD, you have to have an operating system. Which if you've just vaped
the existing OS and are installing from scratch means you'll have to pop
around to a friend to copy them onto floppy disk.

Rob.
!