XP Hangs

eddie

On switching on I have to wait for 2minutes for Windows to
kick in - WHY? What can I do to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Installed hardware not responding to start commands? You need to add
more info. Have you added new hardware/software/changed
drivers/connected to network/donloaded viruses, trojans, keyloggers?

Eddie wrote:

> On switching on I have to wait for 2minutes for Windows to
> kick in - WHY? What can I do to resolve the problem.
>
> Thanks

Also, how large is the profile and is it networked or is it local? Are
you talking about booting up the computer or switching users? It would
really help if you would provide a descriptive and informative post.
Also, some services may not be responding and have to wait until they
time out. There are a ton of reasons XP may take a while to boot.

----
Nathan McNulty