Blue stop screen: Kmode exception not handled?????

I have a toshiba tecra 8100 running win2k. When i switch
on my external Asus cd-rw drive i get a stop... 1E Kmode
exception not handled. stop message and i have to reboot.
What can i do!!
1 answer Last reply
More about blue stop screen kmode exception handled

    Is this a parallel or USB CD-RW? Does this occur when you turn it on
    before your start the computer? Also, support provided here may not be
    as helpful since you are running 2000 and this NG is for XP.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    John wrote:
    > I have a toshiba tecra 8100 running win2k. When i switch
    > on my external Asus cd-rw drive i get a stop... 1E Kmode
    > exception not handled. stop message and i have to reboot.
    > What can i do!!

Windows XP