K8VSE usb problem

Whenever I plug in a usbdevice, windows XP recognises it but asks where the
drivers are located. Normally windows XP doesn't need these drivers.
Result: device doen't work properly (not at all)
This happens with flash memory, digital camera, etc.
K8VSE deluxe with windows xp pro sp2
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Frank

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

FPJ wrote:

>Whenever I plug in a usbdevice, windows XP recognises it but asks where the
>drivers are located. Normally windows XP doesn't need these drivers.
>Result: device doen't work properly (not at all)
>This happens with flash memory, digital camera, etc.
>K8VSE deluxe with windows xp pro sp2
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Frank

Frank,
2 Questions that might help to sort it out:

1) Are you plugging said USB device into the same port each time? Some
things like it like that!
i.e. they won't transfer the drivers operation to another port with
out re-installation!

2) Win XP has many internal drivers, but still needs the ones supplied
with a device from time to time. Have you previously installed the
drivers it asked for and it asks for them again each time the device is
connected?

"Rob" <robc@insightbb.spambone.com> schreef in bericht
> FPJ wrote:
>
>>Whenever I plug in a usbdevice, windows XP recognises it but asks where
>>the
>>drivers are located. Normally windows XP doesn't need these drivers.
>>Result: device doen't work properly (not at all)
>>This happens with flash memory, digital camera, etc.
>>K8VSE deluxe with windows xp pro sp2
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Frank
>>

> Frank,
> 2 Questions that might help to sort it out:
>
> 1) Are you plugging said USB device into the same port each time? Some
> things like it like that!
> i.e. they won't transfer the drivers operation to another port with out
> re-installation!
>
> 2) Win XP has many internal drivers, but still needs the ones supplied
> with a device from time to time. Have you previously installed the
> drivers it asked for and it asks for them again each time the device is
> connected?

Rob,
i've fixed the problem.
I uninstalled SP2, my Data Traveler memory stick was recognized
as storage device and windows installed the drivers automatically.
No cd needed.
Then I reinstalled SP2 and the memory stick was recognized again.
My digital camera works also now.

Thanks,
Frank

Frank