Changing drive (partition) letters

My drives are not lettered the way I think they should be

Disk 0 is formatted into 2 partitions

C: 127.99 GB NTFS(healthy System)
G: 25.39 GB NTFS (healthy)

Disk 1 is lettered: F: 18.65 Fat32(healthy active)

CDROM 1 is labeled: D: DVD

CDROM 2 is labeled: E: DVD

Can I "redo" these so that my removable media drives (DVD)
are lettered in sequence after the hard drives?

Thanks

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about changing drive partition letters

    What I do to keep hard drive partitions and CD ROM drives from playing swap
    the drive letter is I 'move' the DVD and/or CD drives to the end of the
    alphabet - in my case X: and Y:. Keeps things from getting messed up.

    When you do change the drive letters Wiondows will make a comment about "If
    you do this you might screw things up" - but I say it's ok.

    "Mike Schmidt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My drives are not lettered the way I think they should be
    >
    > Disk 0 is formatted into 2 partitions
    >
    > C: 127.99 GB NTFS(healthy System)
    > G: 25.39 GB NTFS (healthy)
    >
    > Disk 1 is lettered: F: 18.65 Fat32(healthy active)
    >
    > CDROM 1 is labeled: D: DVD
    >
    > CDROM 2 is labeled: E: DVD
    >
    > Can I "redo" these so that my removable media drives (DVD)
    > are lettered in sequence after the hard drives?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike

    You can change them to whatever you want with the exception of drive C.
    Right click My Computer, click Manage and under the Storage folder you'll
    find Disk Management. Right click on any of your drives and change away.

    "Mike Schmidt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My drives are not lettered the way I think they should be
    >
    > Disk 0 is formatted into 2 partitions
    >
    > C: 127.99 GB NTFS(healthy System)
    > G: 25.39 GB NTFS (healthy)
    >
    > Disk 1 is lettered: F: 18.65 Fat32(healthy active)
    >
    > CDROM 1 is labeled: D: DVD
    >
    > CDROM 2 is labeled: E: DVD
    >
    > Can I "redo" these so that my removable media drives (DVD)
    > are lettered in sequence after the hard drives?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike

Windows XP