When I link modem with COM1, can't get 52Kbps, only works
at 28K bps.
COM1 and modem properties set to highest speed.

Device Mgr Query Log shows Modem Type="standard 56000
modem",
parameters: 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2

Modem worked at 56K under WIN98, only 28800 under XP Pro.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello

well try changing your modem driver, or look up your
modem( by the maker of it) and see if you can find any
updated drivers for it.

Alvin

RogerRamjet wrote:

> When I link modem with COM1, can't get 52Kbps, only works
> at 28K bps.
> COM1 and modem properties set to highest speed.
>
> Device Mgr Query Log shows Modem Type="standard 56000
> modem",
> parameters: 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2
>
> Modem worked at 56K under WIN98, only 28800 under XP Pro.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Mike

Splendid

Your modem is utilizing generic drivers.. you need to either get XP drivers
for your modem OR.. best option, go out and buy a US Robotics V92 56k 5660A
pci modem.. this will give consistently high connection speeds and will not
have a tendency to lose connection as some of the cheaper modems do.. and it
has XP drivers included..

"RogerRamjet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I link modem with COM1, can't get 52Kbps, only works
> at 28K bps.
> COM1 and modem properties set to highest speed.
>
> Device Mgr Query Log shows Modem Type="standard 56000
> modem",
> parameters: 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2
>
> Modem worked at 56K under WIN98, only 28800 under XP Pro.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Or even better, look for a good deal on DSL. We are actually saving
money by having DSL instead of two phone lines and a dialup internet
service.

----
Nathan McNulty

Mike wrote:
> Your modem is utilizing generic drivers.. you need to either get XP drivers
> for your modem OR.. best option, go out and buy a US Robotics V92 56k 5660A
> pci modem.. this will give consistently high connection speeds and will not
> have a tendency to lose connection as some of the cheaper modems do.. and it
> has XP drivers included..
>

> "RogerRamjet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>When I link modem with COM1, can't get 52Kbps, only works
>>at 28K bps.
>>COM1 and modem properties set to highest speed.
>>
>>Device Mgr Query Log shows Modem Type="standard 56000
>>modem",
>>parameters: 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2
>>
>>Modem worked at 56K under WIN98, only 28800 under XP Pro.
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks

Mike

Splendid

Where I live presently, dialup is as good as it gets.. Bell Canada do have
plans to bring HSI here eventually..