Printing problem?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
May 16, 2004 9:27:26 PM

Hi --
Using Photoshop 5.5, Win XP and HP LaserJet 5L.
Having a few problems with printout. If I print 4 quarter page ads separately
they print fine. When I combine the 4 ads onto a single 8.5x11 page the leading
gets screwed up and the printout looks like one line of the type has been
overlapped by white space. This happens to 2 of the 4 ads about 16 picas from
the top of the page. If I move the ads around on the page the problem will
persist with whatever ads I have on the top of the page.

Do I have a Photoshop? HP? and/or memory problem?
Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks

More about : printing problem

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 16, 2004 9:27:27 PM

On 16 May 2004 17:27:26 GMT, twobtold@aol.company.net (Twobtold)
wrote:

>Hi --
> Using Photoshop 5.5, Win XP and HP LaserJet 5L.
>Having a few problems with printout. If I print 4 quarter page ads separately
>they print fine. When I combine the 4 ads onto a single 8.5x11 page the leading
>gets screwed up and the printout looks like one line of the type has been
>overlapped by white space. This happens to 2 of the 4 ads about 16 picas from
>the top of the page. If I move the ads around on the page the problem will
>persist with whatever ads I have on the top of the page.
>
>Do I have a Photoshop? HP? and/or memory problem?
>Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks

It sounds like the top objects are out of the print area. did you use
the "fit to page" option before you print?

Did you try to reduce the size of the objects to verify that it may be
out of print range by making them smaller?

I never ran PS5.5 im a 6.0 user and above.
!