Function address caused a protection fault windows 7

Mommiemack

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Hello,
I have a new laptop with Windows 7, 64bit. My husband set up the network to hook up to our desktop that runs Windows XP. We have a HP Photosmart D7160 printer. When I use a creative program on the laptop and try to print, and I try to utilize the printer properties to get a particular profile, it gives me the following error: "Function address Oxeab412c2 caused a protection fault.(exception codeOxc0000005) The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly." Then it seems to freeze the program & I have to open task manager and close the program. I have tried adding a printer, downloading new drivers and software onto the laptop, and nothing seems to work. What am I missing?

And I guess the next trouble shooting step would be testing to see if your creative program can print simple projects that don't require a special profile selected on the print server.

How is the printer hooked up to the network? Direct attachment with it's own IP address or hooked up to another PC/Laptop that acts as a print server.

Another testing step. If the special printer profile is selected by the PC/Laptop that the printer is attached to will your creative program print correctly?

Mommiemack

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

Yes I can. I can use The Print Shop 22 (the particular creative software) or Word 2007, etc to print. I just can't get into the printer properties to utilize the various printing types, like "draft", "presentation printing", "economical", etc. When I try to do that, that is when I get the error. I can open the properties, but there are 2-3 pages and if I go off the first page (to where the options are) that is when it stops me. If I am on the desk top, there is no problem.

Mommiemack

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

Yes it will print things, as long as I don't want to get choosy. The printer is hooked up via cable to the desktop pc. I am not real good with technical terms, so I hope I am answering your question.

I can use the printer successfully on the desktop, but only partially thru the laptop.

My husband is the one that set up the network so i don't know if it has it's own IP address.