Performance Question

Hi All,
I'm curious as to how much (significant) of an increase in performance I can
expect going from my current 3200+ with A7N8X Deluxe (rev. 2.0) to a 64 bit
AMD and an A8N SLI.
Is it truly worth it?
Does it offer better stability as well?

Thanks,
Michael

____________________________________
SMITH & WESSON:
The original point-n-click interface
____________________________________

Agree with previous reply. Your current setup is quite fast and if you
don't have some serious need for 64 bit computing you don't need to
update just yet.

>>Does it offer better stability as well?
>
> Stability has nothing to do with a new motherboard or faster processor.
> Stability comes from the correct power supply wattage, correct Vcore and
> Vdimm settings for your chosen FSB and good memory chips, as well as an
> operating system and associated drivers which are performing as they were
> designed for. You will not get a more stable "system" by buying a
> different MOBO or CPU, unless there is something inherently unstable with
> your original components. If you want a really stable system make sure the
> above are all correct and run Linux instead of MS Windows.

I'd like to add a little to that. If stability is a concern, I wouldn't
get a first revision board with new tech on it, like an nForce4 right
now. I'd get a board that's been tried and tested, where the bios has
been updated and most of the bugs gotten out, where possibly the chipset
has been revised too.