CD RW disk full

bill

Got a new PC with a DVD/CDRW burner in one. NEC 2100. When I try to do a
backup from within my program I get disc full message. The disc is blank and
is confirmed from explorer window. I had been able to do this backup with
the same program on my old PC on a CDRW disc.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Running Win XP HE SP1.

Thanks
Bill

This may depend on the format of the CDRW. This drive does not support
Mt. Ranieer which may be what you were using before. Also, have you
formatted this CDRW? Also, double check the settings you have in the
program and make sure it has the right destination.

----
Nathan McNulty

Bill wrote:
> Got a new PC with a DVD/CDRW burner in one. NEC 2100. When I try to do a
> backup from within my program I get disc full message. The disc is blank and
> is confirmed from explorer window. I had been able to do this backup with
> the same program on my old PC on a CDRW disc.
>
> Any idea what could be causing this?
>
> Running Win XP HE SP1.
>
> Thanks
> Bill

bill

I was using a Lite on something model before. The CDRW I am using now is a
blank off the shelf. Should I still format it? Guess it cant hurt to give it
a try.

Destination settings are correct.

Thanks
Bill

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> This may depend on the format of the CDRW. This drive does not support
> Mt. Ranieer which may be what you were using before. Also, have you
> formatted this CDRW? Also, double check the settings you have in the
> program and make sure it has the right destination.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Bill wrote:
> > Got a new PC with a DVD/CDRW burner in one. NEC 2100. When I try to do a
> > backup from within my program I get disc full message. The disc is blank
and
> > is confirmed from explorer window. I had been able to do this backup
with
> > the same program on my old PC on a CDRW disc.
> >
> > Any idea what could be causing this?
> >
> > Running Win XP HE SP1.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bill

bill

I did the format and it works perfectly now. First time I ever had to do
that and it took 20+ minutes, but was worth it to get my backups done.

Thanks for the tip.

Bill

"Bill" <dontwriteme@home.com> wrote in message
> I was using a Lite on something model before. The CDRW I am using now is a
> blank off the shelf. Should I still format it? Guess it cant hurt to give
it
> a try.
>
> Destination settings are correct.
>
> Thanks
> Bill
>

> "Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> > This may depend on the format of the CDRW. This drive does not support
> > Mt. Ranieer which may be what you were using before. Also, have you
> > formatted this CDRW? Also, double check the settings you have in the
> > program and make sure it has the right destination.
> >
> > ----
> > Nathan McNulty
> >

> > Bill wrote:
> > > Got a new PC with a DVD/CDRW burner in one. NEC 2100. When I try to do
> > > backup from within my program I get disc full message. The disc is
blank
> and
> > > is confirmed from explorer window. I had been able to do this backup
> with
> > > the same program on my old PC on a CDRW disc.
> > >
> > > Any idea what could be causing this?
> > >
> > > Running Win XP HE SP1.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Bill

Glad to hear it works now :)

Windows ia able to write to a CDRW like a normal CD, but it can do this
only once and then it has to be erased. The program you are using
sounds like it uses a packet-writing type of method which requires the
CDRW to be formatted ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Bill wrote:
> I did the format and it works perfectly now. First time I ever had to do
> that and it took 20+ minutes, but was worth it to get my backups done.
>
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> Bill
>
> "Bill" <dontwriteme@home.com> wrote in message
>
>>I was using a Lite on something model before. The CDRW I am using now is a
>>blank off the shelf. Should I still format it? Guess it cant hurt to give
>
> it
>
>>a try.
>>
>>Destination settings are correct.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Bill
>>

>>"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>This may depend on the format of the CDRW. This drive does not support
>>>Mt. Ranieer which may be what you were using before. Also, have you
>>>formatted this CDRW? Also, double check the settings you have in the
>>>program and make sure it has the right destination.
>>>
>>>----
>>>Nathan McNulty

> blank
>
>>and

>>with

bill

My PC came with Sonic, but I also have a roxio engine from Napster, then
there is windows native, so I really dont know which engine my software
program invokes to do the back up. My Inspector Clouseau (sp?) ends here any
way since it works after formatting.

Thanks again