What style USB connector on Canon i960?

I have an i960 coming and need to get a cable. On Canon's Web site, the
only hint at what kind of connector is on the printer was in one FAQ which
mentioned a "squarish" connector.

From this, I'm guessing that it's what the cable listings call a "type B"
(as opposed to the flat "type A" which I have on my PC and scanner).

Is that it?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@visi.com
2 answers Last reply

    Bert Hyman wrote:
    > I have an i960 coming and need to get a cable. On Canon's Web site,
    > the only hint at what kind of connector is on the printer was in one
    > FAQ which mentioned a "squarish" connector.
    >
    > From this, I'm guessing that it's what the cable listings call a
    > "type B" (as opposed to the flat "type A" which I have on my PC and
    > scanner).
    >
    > Is that it?

    It's exactly the same cable as used anything - type A to type B.

    In news:c88i57$4i1$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk "Cerridwen"
    <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote:

    > Bert Hyman wrote:
    >> I have an i960 coming and need to get a cable. On Canon's Web site,
    >> the only hint at what kind of connector is on the printer was in one
    >> FAQ which mentioned a "squarish" connector.
    >>
    >> From this, I'm guessing that it's what the cable listings call a
    >> "type B" (as opposed to the flat "type A" which I have on my PC and
    >> scanner).
    >>
    >> Is that it?
    >
    > It's exactly the same cable as used anything - type A to type B.

    Hmmm... Mild embarrassment here.

    I plugged in my USB scanner several years ago and never looked at it
    again. For some reason remembered it as having a "type A" connector. On
    reading your reply, I reached behind it and pulled out the connector and
    find that it is indeed a "squarish" connector, so obviously a "type B".

    Thanks ...

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@visi.com

Printers Canon USB Connector Peripherals