What style USB connector on Canon i960?

I have an i960 coming and need to get a cable. On Canon's Web site, the
only hint at what kind of connector is on the printer was in one FAQ which
mentioned a "squarish" connector.

From this, I'm guessing that it's what the cable listings call a "type B"
(as opposed to the flat "type A" which I have on my PC and scanner).

Is that it?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@visi.com

Bert Hyman wrote:
> I have an i960 coming and need to get a cable. On Canon's Web site,
> the only hint at what kind of connector is on the printer was in one
> FAQ which mentioned a "squarish" connector.
>
> From this, I'm guessing that it's what the cable listings call a
> "type B" (as opposed to the flat "type A" which I have on my PC and
> scanner).
>
> Is that it?

It's exactly the same cable as used anything - type A to type B.

In news:c88i57$4i1$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk "Cerridwen"
<cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote:

> Bert Hyman wrote:
>> I have an i960 coming and need to get a cable. On Canon's Web site,
>> the only hint at what kind of connector is on the printer was in one
>> FAQ which mentioned a "squarish" connector.
>>
>> From this, I'm guessing that it's what the cable listings call a
>> "type B" (as opposed to the flat "type A" which I have on my PC and
>> scanner).
>>
>> Is that it?
>
> It's exactly the same cable as used anything - type A to type B.

Hmmm... Mild embarrassment here.

I plugged in my USB scanner several years ago and never looked at it
again. For some reason remembered it as having a "type A" connector. On
reading your reply, I reached behind it and pulled out the connector and
find that it is indeed a "squarish" connector, so obviously a "type B".

Thanks ...

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@visi.com