Cannot Renew TCP/IP address

I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error on
startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also cannot
renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??

from the cmd have you tried releasing your ip? command > ipconfig /release
, then: ipconfig /renew

"Tut" wrote:

> I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
> connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error on
> startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also cannot
> renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
It does not seem thta you have a real viable connetion.
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Tut" <Tut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
> connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error
on
> startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also
cannot
> renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??

thanks jack...did not help to reset the address

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi
> It does not seem thta you have a real viable connetion.
> May be this can Help.
> Wireless - Basic Security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Tut" <Tut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
> > connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error
> on
> > startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also
> cannot
> > renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??

thanks for the response.....i tried the commands ....no luck...i get and
error saying the operation was attempted on something that is not a socket