Cannot Renew TCP/IP address

I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error on
startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also cannot
renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??
4 answers Last reply
More about cannot renew address

    from the cmd have you tried releasing your ip? command > ipconfig /release
    , then: ipconfig /renew

    "Tut" wrote:

    > I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
    > connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error on
    > startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also cannot
    > renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??

    Hi
    It does not seem thta you have a real viable connetion.
    May be this can Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Tut" <Tut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
    > connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error
    on
    > startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also
    cannot
    > renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??

    thanks jack...did not help to reset the address

    "Jack" wrote:

    > Hi
    > It does not seem thta you have a real viable connetion.
    > May be this can Help.
    > Wireless - Basic Security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "Tut" <Tut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
    > > connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error
    > on
    > > startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also
    > cannot
    > > renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??

    thanks for the response.....i tried the commands ....no luck...i get and
    error saying the operation was attempted on something that is not a socket

    "murauder" wrote:

    > from the cmd have you tried releasing your ip? command > ipconfig /release
    > , then: ipconfig /renew
    >
    > "Tut" wrote:
    >
    > > I have installed a Dlink wireless device, it has good signal strength and
    > > connectivity. I cannot access any websites or ping urls. I get an error on
    > > startup that says TCP/IP network transport is not installed. I also cannot
    > > renew TCP/IP address from command prompt. Any suggestions??

Wireless TCP/IP Wireless Networking