new product installation

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hello out there,
I just purchased a wireless mouse and when I tried to
install it I received an error message "Windowes
installer. the windows installer service could not be
accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in
the safe mode or if the windows installer is not
correctly installed. Contact your support personal for
assistance. I reciently spent in total 14 hours on the
phone with HP installing an all in one printer,fax and
scanner. I think that some point during the process of
thry this, try this, a setting was changed or something.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
John

Do this:

Click Start-Run-Type services.msc and click OK. Now find Windows
Installer toward the bottom. Right click on it and choose properties.
Now set it to manual or automatic and start the service. Now try
installing the program again.

----
Nathan McNulty