wireless keyboard F keys on start up

I need to perform an XP repair reinstallation on a Dell 8200. I canot get my F2 key to respond during the Dell logo screen in order to open the system setup so I can boot to my CD--
ce

peter

on my wireless Logitech keyboard I have a settings file where I can keep the F
keys on during boot.
its called a configuration file.
peter
"ce713" <ce713@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to perform an XP repair reinstallation on a Dell 8200. I canot get my
F2 key to respond during the Dell logo screen in order to open the system setup
so I can boot to my CD--
> ce

A wireless keyboard is not going to work in this case (at last I don't
think). You will need to attach a wired keyboard. BIOSes are not
compatible with wireless or BlueTooth keyboards as far as I know.

----
Nathan McNulty

peter wrote:
> on my wireless Logitech keyboard I have a settings file where I can keep the F
> keys on during boot.
> its called a configuration file.
> peter
> "ce713" <ce713@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I need to perform an XP repair reinstallation on a Dell 8200. I canot get my
>
> F2 key to respond during the Dell logo screen in order to open the system setup
> so I can boot to my CD--
>
>>ce

peter

Using a wireless keyboard I can and do enter my BIOS quite easily.
But then I have that Legacy support option enabled in my Bios
peter
"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> A wireless keyboard is not going to work in this case (at last I don't
> think). You will need to attach a wired keyboard. BIOSes are not
> compatible with wireless or BlueTooth keyboards as far as I know.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> peter wrote:
> > on my wireless Logitech keyboard I have a settings file where I can keep the
> > keys on during boot.
> > its called a configuration file.
> > peter
> > "ce713" <ce713@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I need to perform an XP repair reinstallation on a Dell 8200. I canot get my
> >
> > F2 key to respond during the Dell logo screen in order to open the system
setup
> > so I can boot to my CD--
> >
> >>ce

Hmm, must be just my BlueTooth Keyboard won't work with the BIOS. I
have never used a Wireless Keyboard that wasn't BlueTooth. So that
means that all the work is done from within the transciever and read as
a wired keyboard for the BIOS or is this just a really fancy computer? :)

----
Nathan McNulty